• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro 10 open files in separate windows Can't change under preference

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just download Acrobat Pro 10 and I can't open up files in separate windows. When I go to preferences, the options are limited. I also don't like that I can't place on two laptops that I own. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

Please go to Edit (Win), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > General > Select, 'Open documents as new tab in same window' > Click OK and reboot the computer once. 

Note: Acrobat Pro X is an old EOL application. For more information please check the help page (https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/end-of-support-acrobat-x-reader-x.html)

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Pro version 10.10.20.3851

Preferences > General > Select, 'Open documents as new tab in same window' > Click OK and reboot the computer once. 

Open documents as a new tab does not appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.. 

that's very useful info.. however, if I go to edit Preferences it crashes!  I'm using Windows 11 Pro.  Is it worth my while to uninstall and re-install the app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The replies are mostly wrong. Acrobat Pro X (10) can ONLY open documents in separate windows - that's how it works. The current version (Acrobat Pro DC, subscription only) works with tabs in the same window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks! So I have found out.. Ah well. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The (very old) Acrobat Pro 10 can _only_ open in separate windows. There is no other option. What happens when you try? Can you send a screen shot showing the documents open in the same window?

"I also don't like that I can't place on two laptops that I own. "

No idea what this means, sorry...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently this license Pro 10 can only be used on one laptop and not another one I own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines