• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro 2015 Classic "browser or OS no longer supported"

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a feeling I know the answer but just want to check first. We use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015 (Classic) and it was not until recently we've run into issues. When we install it on a new computer and go to "sign in," I receive the following error, "Update required. Your browser or operating system is no longer supported. You may needt o install the latest updates to your operating system." we are running Windows 10 1909 OS build 18363.1556 and all the browsers (Edge, Chrome, and IE) are on the latest version.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

We are dealing with this as well, found a solution here: Update your operating system to work with Adobe apps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble. 

As you receive the error "Update Required", please refer to the information/ suggestion provided in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/update-operating-system-and-browser.html#fix-error.

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are dealing with this as well, found a solution here: Update your operating system to work with Adobe apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heaven only knows why Adobe generates this message about the operating system. The problem really isn't an operating system issue.

The registry changes worked perfectly for me in Windows 11. A couple of cautions:

• The file you download is named "Fix-UpdateRequiredError.reg.txt." Before you run it, you need to remove ".txt" from the end so it has the reg extension.
  • And before you run the registry change (by double clicking on the now renamed file "Fix-UpdateRequiredError.reg", be sure to create a Restore Point just in case things go bad.
  • To play it very cautious, you  would be prudent to restart your computer after making the registry changes and before installing Acrobat Pro DC 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble. 

As you receive the error "Update Required", please refer to the information/ suggestion provided in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/update-operating-system-and-browser.html#fix-error.

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I found that link as well. We use it in an enterprise setting and making that change for all new installs may not be practical. Looks like we may need to look into the latest version of Acrobat if 2015 is no longer working, as this article seems to say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have missed something, but that document does not seem to mention any suggestion that later versions of Adobe products will work better with legacy browser settings. I have seen reports of many other apps (from other vendors) failing during signon processing, you may need a strategy to roll out registry changes, able to be adapted quickly as new apps fail. Using legacy browser settings is a big risk and may cause all sorts of unexpected behaviour. Perhaps you can tune it to be used only with the legacy apps that need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having this problem with DC Continuous Track so there's no need to look into upgrading for this.  The registry workaround at the link above works but it's odd that we're getting this error in Acrobat DC even though IE11/Windows 10 are up to date and we're not using Compatibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the registry entries listed in the help document and rebooted.  Still the same login problem exists.  We are running Windows 10 20H2 (Build 19042.1110).   Cannot login to install of Acrobat DC Standard 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error is killing me as well. It was fine untill last month. Please let me know if anyone find something to fix this Update Browser required window popup instead of username and password to sign in eventhough our windows, IE are the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meenakshi - there is nothing in that adobe help site is working to fix the browser update error required. There is no latest IE than this available in Windows. Please check again this same issue with the latest windows update. I tried Adobe acrobat DC 2015 and 2020 both same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those using Continuous Track, Adobe just released a fix.

21.005.20060 Optional update, July 28, 2021 (Windows Only)

4336133: Acrobat prompting to update browser/operating system on a machine with IE11 due to IE7 emulation mode being enforced in embedded IE mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The registry fix doesn't seem to work on Arcobat DC 2015 classic.  It is EOL so I don't know of a fix or update available either.  I understand adobe not updating the software anymore but this feels more like a self-destruct 'feature'.  Really, in 2015, forcing internet explorer which was already very depreciated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still have a existing installation, look at the version of the following file:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\P7\AASIapp.exe".

If this is a newer version than when you reinstalled, copy the file to the new machine and replace the old one.

In my case I overwrote the file with version "9.0.0.24" with a file with version "10.0.0.357".

After that I was able to log in again - hope it helps someone....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reinstalling the following update also fixed the login problem for me:

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/Acrobat2015/1500630527/

(opened the link with IE11...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Patch did work for me,

Failed was the Regedit, and setting the Default Web Browser to Edge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution solved the problem.  Replacing the referenced file on the new installation computer with the copy from the successful installation on the old computer (also file version "10.0.0.357") allowed the Acrobat sign-in process to get past the "brower not up to date" error.  Note that the new installation file has 2016 date while the "10.0.0.357" file version has 2020 date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem was making us CRAZY !!! We discovered if you set EDGE as the default browser it will work as intended. Simple as that !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My EDGE was already Set as Default and it did not work 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workaround:
Step 0: download the .reg file indicated in https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/update-operating-system-and-browser.html.
Step 1: Remove/Uninstall the previous Adobe Acrobat installation and reboot your system as the uninstalled indicated.

Step 2: Download the latest, but still supported, from Adobe's web (preferably from your Adobe account.)

Step 3: Reinstall Adobe Acrobat again using the latest download installation package.

<== so far, my problem got fixed here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After working on this promlem for several days, here is my solve.  Uninstalled old Adobe DC 2015 Pro using uninstall in computer systems, restart computer.  Then used AdobeAeroCleaner_DC2021, available as a free download through Adobe.  Restart computer.  Disable Windows firewall and disable virus program.  Used installer downloaded from my profile in Adobe.  Finally. after three days of struggling, it worked and I was able to sign in and complete the install/verification process. Although I had purchased my program from another provider, it was still available for download through Adobe, I guess because I had registered the program.   I was astonished it worked.  Remember to restart your firewall and virus program.  Hope this helps someone.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines