Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 activation

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

We bought in company 2 licenses for Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017. I got the keys, which I entered during installation, but after I run software it ask me to sign in with AdobeID to activate software. Those copies are installed for users and I don't want to ask them to create AdobeID  and link product with their account or leave my account signed in on their PCs to keep this product activated. Is there any other way to activate Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017? Maybe we need to buy for company different type of license? If I wrote that in wrong forum then sorry and please move thread to proper forum

Thank you for all replies in advance

Tom

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom,

As per the issue description mentioned above,  you want to activate licenses for Acrobat 2017 without signing in for Adobe ID, is that correct?

Please refer to the following forum threads discussing the similar topic:

Install Acrobat without Signing In with Adobe ID

Acrobat DC 2017 "Sign in required"

Let us know if you have a further query.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivam,

thank you for your reply. Looking at links provided they are linked to Adobe DC or  Adobe Acrobat Standard DC. I'm using Adobe Reader Pro 2017. will steps from your links will apply also to my version of adobe ?

kind regards

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such product as "Adobe Reader Pro".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry my bad

Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks, the following applies:

You are using Acrobat DC Classic. You said that this is a RETAIL serial number so disabling Sign-In isn't really and option.  If it were a VOLUME then you could do this via the Adobe Customization Wizard DC by using the Grant Offline Exception feature.

Note that this must be the user's OWN INDIVIDUAL Adobe ID, and they must know the password, as it will be needed at unpredictable times. On NO ACCOUNT try to set up a global account to activate them, multiple licenses will cause you all sorts of problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, that's incorrect.  I'm not using Acrobat DC Classic.  I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 for teachers. It's a disk installation, not a subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Adobe Acrobat Pro Student and Teacher Edition (2017, Windows, DVD) from a well-known computer equipment retailer. I provided the product code and the product was supposedly acvitated through my educator address, but the activation never worked. Identit-e indicates this is not an issue at their end. The product code has never been used before. When I try to play the disk in my drive, I keep getting prompts to purchase an Adobe DC subscription product. I have already paid full retail price for the DVD product. Can you help me to activate my proudct? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly happens when you try to activate it? Is there an error message?

Are you saying it's trying to install DC instead of Acrobat 2017? If so, you have the wrong installer.

Also, are you aware that this version is outdated, and not sold by Adobe any longer? The current (non-subscription) version is Acrobat 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Adobe Acrobat Pro Student and Teacher Edition (2017, Windows, DVD) from a well-known computer equipment retailer.

By @Christine28129751a4zt

When did you purchase this?

but the activation never worked.

Why did it not work?

When I try to play the disk in my drive, I keep getting prompts to purchase an Adobe DC subscription product.

Do you know that you need to install the software? You can't “play” the software from the installation disk.

Do you have any subscription products currently active with Adobe? Or did you have subscription products active, even only as a trial in the past?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Purchased Dec. 2019 from a B&H Photo store.  Yes, I have installed the same type of disk software on several previous computers. I'm familiar with the process. I used identite to verify my academic address, received their code, and entered everything properly. I checked all of these steps multiple times. Identite confirms that I did everything correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines