• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 and MS Word hyperlinks

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In MS Word document I have hyperlinks pointing to pdf documents.

I have "Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020" but hyperlinks are opened with acrobat dc light bundled with MS office.

Win 10 Pro is correctly set to open pdf with Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 but Word ignores this setting.

I tried many suggestions. No success.

How to force "Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020" opening Word hyperlinks pointing to pdf documents?

"Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020" not free adobe dc or adobe reader!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Hello,

Thank you for suggestion: I uninstalled Reader DC and was a bit afraid to see what happens with Word hyperlinks. Luckily it works: now Word hyperlinks to pdf are correctly opened with Acrobat Pro 2020 or XI.
I'll tell colleagues who have same problem they can remove unwanted Reader DC without damage.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"hyperlinks are opened with acrobat dc light  bundled with MS office." Sorry, I don't know what you mean. There is no such product as Acrobat DC Light. There is Acrobat Reader, but only if you install it. MS Office does not include ANY Acrobat products, light, Pro, Reader or anything else. Please show a screen shot of this mysterious creature, and we may be able to identify it from its markings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answering. I attach a file with screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It's not opening with Acrobat DC trial - you can see from the window title that this is indeed the Acrobat Reader (free) product. It does not come with Office. Adobe do not install it with any other app either. But it may have come bundled with the computer when it was sold. In any case, since it's a separate app, you can uninstall it in the usual way, with the Control Panel. 

Separate note: Running Acrobat Pro XI is not recommended (though it still works for most people) because it has unfixed security issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for suggestion: I uninstalled Reader DC and was a bit afraid to see what happens with Word hyperlinks. Luckily it works: now Word hyperlinks to pdf are correctly opened with Acrobat Pro 2020 or XI.
I'll tell colleagues who have same problem they can remove unwanted Reader DC without damage.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe is pushing SO MUCH unwanted garbage such as Reader DC and GRAPHIC menus these days. I am diligently searching for a viable alternative!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines