• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 crashes on exit

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When closing PDF files, Adobe crashes with the below error.  PDFs open compleltely fine...just when closing them do we have an issue.  Any ideas for a fix for this?  Have tried repairing Adobe, various setting changes within preferences, and re-activating with no luck.  Version we are on is 2020.005.30362.

Thank you

User popup message

AcroCEF.exe – Application error – The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Clock OK to close the application.

From app log

Faulting application name: AcroCEF.exe, version: 20.5.30362.10362, time stamp: 0x62ba10a8
Faulting module name: USER32.dll, version: 6.3.9600.20396, time stamp: 0x62998f07
Exception code: 0xc0000142

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Please go through the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-discussions/application-unable-to-start-correctly-0xc0... and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error in this link doesn't match the error we are receiving.  Please advise.  Further, worth mentioning, is this is a Windows Terminal Server.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Have you tried the steps shared in the help page shared above. PLease try to repair the Microsoft visual C++  Redistributable and see if that works.

You may also try to remove it and reintsall from the link https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the C++  Redistributable repair didn't resolve the issue.  The errors still persist after closing PDF documents.  No idea why this is happening.  What should I try next?  thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please try using the application in a new test user profile with full admin rights and see if its working fine there.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My user account on the terminal server doesn't have the issue and I am admin.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thanks for sharing your observation. It seems to be an issue with the user profile, there isn't much that we can do in this. Please try to repair the affected user profile and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, not sure this is the answer as more than 20 profiles are having this same issue.  I don't use my profile enough to see the issue so the issue could be with my admin profile as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another item I have noticed...it seems after "signing in" to Adobe Acrobat under the Help drop down that I don't get the error when closing the PDF.  By the way...this issue is happening on my admin account as I just reproduced the error.  However, since signing in I have not seen the error.  With this in mind, how do 20 plus terminal server users sign in to Adobe if the product we have purchased is a perpetual license?  My users do not have Adobe accounts to sign in with.  I can sign in under my profile but this doesn't help the other users....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, disregard what I just mentioned.  The error occurred even signed in.  Oh well.  Here are the error details.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: AcroCEF.exe
Application Version: 20.5.30362.10362
Application Timestamp: 62ba10a8
Fault Module Name: USER32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.3.9600.20396
Fault Module Timestamp: 62998f07
Exception Code: c0000142
Exception Offset: 0009d322
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.16.7
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 1abe
Additional Information 2: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8
Additional Information 3: 1abe
Additional Information 4: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Please collect the Crash logs as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html and share them via the Document cloud link https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html for further investigation.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you happen to received the dmp log I uploaded?  thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chriss,

Thank you for sharing the logs, we have raised this issue with the engineering team for review, we will share the update as soon as we get any news from them.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Was just checking to see if there was an update for this issue?  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have 20+ licenses for Actobat 2020? I am not sure it is intended to support multiple users without sign in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course!  We have 45 + perpetual licenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @chriss84678383 

We have got some update from our engineering team and the issue seems to be due to the injection of Cylance dlls in AcroCEF. Please whitelist AcroCEF in Cylance to ensure that the following dlls are not injected in AcroCEF:

• CylanceMemDef.dll (C:\Program Files\Cylance\Desktop\CylanceMemDef.dll) 
  • CyKNPHDOJQHQZ.dll  (C:\Program Files\Cylance\Desktop\CyKNPHDOJQHQZ.dll)  
  • CyNTFMIHYBLXA.dll ( C:\Program Files\Cylance\Desktop\CyNTFMIHYBLXA.dll)

This should resolve the issue.

In order to verify that the DLL injection issue has been fixed, you need to follow these steps:

• Collect ProcMon logs after launching Acrobat
  • Right-click on AcroCEF.exe
  • You can see the loaded dlls in the Process tab
  • CylanceMemDef.dll, CyKNPHDOJQHQZ.dll and CyNTFMIHYBLXA.dll should not be present in this list.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @chriss84678383 

Please confirm if the issue got fixed after following the steps shared and whitelisting The AcroCEF in Cylance to ensure that the dlls are not injected in AcroCEF.

Let us know if you are still experiencing the issue .

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've actually just started running into the same error. Here are the dump logs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone seen and resolved this issue before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Knight Roller28414544i2x9 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Have you checked the steps shared in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-discussions/application-unable-to-start-correctly-0xc0... shared earlier?

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines