• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020: Does the "RETAIL" DVD need a serial number?

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

Because of a long story, I do NOT want to run Acrobat Pro in the Adobe Cloud.

Instead, I want to purchase this Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 DVD for my MacBook Pro 2015, which is running MacOS Monterey, all of which is a compatible setup for Acrobat Pro 2020.

However, the seller says this DVD is for installing a "retail" version of Pro 2020, and that it comes with no serial number.

Does this DVD need a serial number to provide a full and complete installation of Pro 2020?

In other words, if I install Pro 2020 from this DVD on to a 2015 MBP running Monterey, will the full and complete version of Pro 2020 be installed, with no need for a serial number?

Thanks 

Acrobat Pro 2020.jpg

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I do NOT want to run Acrobat Pro in the Adobe Cloud."

There is no version of Acrobat that "runs in the cloud", all versions of Acrobat run from the computer on which they are installed.

Document Cloud are additional services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your swift response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't want to run the subscription version because you aren't online, it won't work: Acrobat 2020 has (as a system requirement) the need to connect to the web to activate the serial number. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your swift response.

I'm happy to be online.

I just don't want to pay $600 for Pro 2020, which is already two years old, and which is no longer supported by Adobe.

As for Acrobat Pro DC, as a matter of principle, I refuse to pay for any Adobe Cloud subscription software.

I'm praying that Affinity will release an alternative to Acrobat Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and to answer directly your question: yes, the retail version needs a serial number. Fakers often throw around buzzwords like "retail" or "OEM" or anything else to hide their crime behind realistic jargon. This is a fake - fakes are now very realistic - or the seller is a liar. Probably both. Stay WELL AWAY. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Dude.

With no serial number being offered, I'll stay well away

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines