• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro - Acrobat quit unexpectedly.

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a DC license and installation is managed bia Adobe Creative Cloud (6.1.587) on Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2 19045.4046. No new Windows updates are available.

Since this morning, if I start Adobe Acrobat either directly or by clicking on a PDF, I get a pop-up error: Acrobat quit unexpectedly. with learn more or skip and I can't run it. 

I have re-installed it via ACC, checked other previous comments and suggestions, but nothing is helping.

Windows Application event log:

Faulting application name: Acrobat.exe, version: 23.8.20533.0, time stamp: 0x65c78ed2
Faulting module name: DSREG.DLL, version: 10.0.19041.3758, time stamp: 0xcb4593da
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000063d98
Faulting process id: 0x5648
Faulting application start time: 0x01da657db00948f8
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe
Faulting module path: C:\windows\SYSTEM32\DSREG.DLL
Report Id: 66a959d1-23f1-40c1-b0c3-8ef3c2b17baa
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I was trying to search for any content related to that DLL, but nothing so far.

How can I solve this?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Hi @Sasha Stojkovich 

Please update the application to the new version 23.08.20555 from the help menu > check for updates and reboot the computer once and see if that helps.

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help .

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After additional uninstall and after running Adobe cleaner, I ran the computer in safe mode. I managed to run Acrobat.

After restarting normally, i ended apps that I can (some i can't stop) and still I get the error.

How to solve this conflict? How to find which app is causing it?

I tried to replace the DSREG.DLL with previous version, but I couldn't no matter what guidelines i followed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sasha Stojkovich 

I hope this message finds you well. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

I want to assure you that our engineering team is actively addressing the issue and working on a resolution. We understand the importance of resolving it swiftly.

Please rest assured that the fix will be included in upcoming updates.

Your patience and understanding during this process are greatly appreciated.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the prompt reply. From your reply, I understand this is a known issue. When is update scheduled to be released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We do not have a fixed timeline. we will share the update as soon as we get in information.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please at least share a workaround? This is a tool that I use on a daily basis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sasha Stojkovich 

Please update the application to the new version 23.08.20555 from the help menu > check for updates and reboot the computer once and see if that helps.

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help .

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you, i found this morning that this update was pushed and everything is working now.  thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines