• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro can't cope with lots of edits and comments

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an editor and have recently upgraded to Adobe Acrobat Pro (started paying a month ago, so I should have the latest version). I have to edit large PDF files. For a while they are fine, but after a few days of me adding edits, comments, queries, etc, the PDF is (a) painfully slow to open - it takes about an hour to really fire up, and (b) painfully slow to carry out edits, i.e. it can take a few seconds for the cursor to click anywhere, and a few seconds for the edit to be carried out on the page. This is slowing down my work and costing me money! Any ideas? I close down any other applications while using PDF (apart from Word, which I need to keep open).

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you save a PDF file, there are two different ways: A simple File>Save will not modify the original PDF file, and will append all changes as an "incremental change" record at the end of the file. A "File>Save As" will recreate the file from scratch. When you have many of these incremental changes saved, it will require Acrobat to search through all of them to recreate the last state of your file. Try to do a Save As and see if that fixes your problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooh thank you, I could try that. However, I save the file many times throughout the day, in case of crashes, so not sure how that would work... would I have to Save As each time? Or just at the end of the day?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If this works, just add a Save As at the end of the day and see if that makes enough of a difference. If not, try twice a day. A long time ago, Acrobat actually displayed a message when you had too many incrementatl saves, and it suggested a Save As on its own. With faster computers, I assume Adobe decided that this was no longer necessary. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines