• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC crashes immediately when opening electronically signed documents

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encountered an issue with adobe documents I have created and then signed. I can open them initially thereafter I cannot and the program crashes, they appear to open 100% in web browsers and or other pdf readers. 

I however cannot open or access the documents from Adobe Acroboat pro DC.

I have tried to update,reinstall, run as administrator, repair install, change protected mode and nothing works. When running as admin I have sent the error from the built in error reporter.

Windows 11 pro / 64 bit adobe (have also tried 32 bit) 

Any ideas would be extremely helpful as the purpose I subscride is now effectively not operational or functional.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Justin,

Thanks for sharing the troubleshooting steps performed.

Looking at the description above, you are only experiencing the crash issue with electronically signed documents. Is that right?

Since uninstall- reinstall, or changing the security setting didn't help. Can you share with us any one of the signed documents you are working with? We want to test the same at our end. 

You can upload the file on Document Cloud web and share the link with us.

https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/home/ 

There's also a patch release for Acrobat/Reader continuous version. Open Acrobat>help>check for updates and see if it is already on version 22.001.20142  or not.

You can download it manually from here as well https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines