• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Crashing with High Sierra

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since updating to macOS High Sierra, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC has been frequently crashing (application immediately closes and any unsaved files are not saved).

This crash frequently happens when trying to save a file and always happens when trying to save a document comparision file. The crash has also occurred under a variety of other conditions that I can't always replicate.

Any suggestions would be very helpful as these crashes are wreaking havoc with my workflow!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 117 Replies 117
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share the crash dump with us for further investigation? To trace the crash dumps, please follow the steps given below:

1) Go to system’s application folder

2) Go to Utilities -> Console

3) In the console window, click on User Reports under Reports section

4) You will see some crash reports with names such as “AdobeAcrobat……….”

(Exact format for report name is <<application name>>_<<Date>>_<<Time>>)

You can share the crash dumps with me at apangasa@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t follow the path to the dump.  Sorry, can you be just a bit more clear?  My Utilities folder does not have a Console.

And…..  this is popping up all the time:

Doesn’t matter if I put my password in and say Always Allow, it comes back in minutes.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a problem too - but slightly different.  Adobe Acrobat Pro - since downloading High Sierra I can open files and use them, no crashing.  But I can't do anything to them.  I try and highlight text or annotate it - and it just disappears from teh screen.  If i open the doc in acrobat reader I can see the highlights but not in acrobat pro. 

Can you fix?

I've checked if there are any updates available in the help section and there are none. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a post from someone allegedly from Adobe asking for error logs. Their email had @adobe.com in it but there was a send error when trying to transmit an email with the log.

*HELLO ADOBE ARE YOU LISTENING*

I'm running this version of Acrobat 18.009.20050 and it crashes on High Sierra Daily.  I have had this problem for months.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled.  Nothing works.

When I check for updates from Adobe Acrobat using version 18.009.20050 it says I am running the current update.  There have been THOUSANDS of views on this thread. Something is wrong and I would appreciate a fix, soon. This is costing me money via lost productivity and it occurs DAILY.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can send me the logs at apangasa@adobe.com.

Alternately, you can use Adobe Send and Track service to share the file with me. In case if you are not familiar with Adobe Send and Track usage, here is a quick demo: Send and track large files online, Adobe Acrobat

Thanks,

Ankit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been vocal about the problems but to be balanced I want to also report success. I upgraded two days ago and have not had a single crash!   Caveat - I am running a 'big' machine with lots of computing resources .  Mac Pro, six processors, 128gb of RAM, 1TB SSD on High Sierra.  Have not tried this upgrade yet on my slower smaller Macbook Pro (2013) with far less resources to see if it works there too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted Acrobat and then reinstalled it and I was able to work on a PDF without it crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I upgraded to the latest version of Acrobat Pro DC I would have to say I am experiencing less crashes, It is still crashing *daily* on simple operations such as opening and searching a PDF.   Somehow it feels like less daily crashes than a few months ago but still unacceptably high.

I have dutifully sent in crash reports and I use Mac OS to report every crash which I hope is reaching Adobe and Apple for a resolution.  I'm also  looking forward to having the Send PDF functionality restored - it is not working at all.  Running version "...20040" of Acrobat on a Mac Pro with 64 GB of memory and latest macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 with all security patches and updates recommended by Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to mention that our healthcare and healthcare expert witness business http://www.noworldborders.com depends on PDFs and uses Adobe Acrobat for our work with law firms.  They cannot wait around while we fix crashes, nor can we.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently the "Send Mail" crash is a "known bug" Adobe is working. It took 4 hours for Adobe support to tell me that. It sort of blows my mind they're letting the work horse of the CS just be crap. I'm baffled. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly this must be complex problem or Adobe would have fixed it more quickly.  But it also suggests to me that Adobe Acrobat is a nice low investment revenue stream that the company has chosen not to invest in.  The communication on this issue has been only from technical people, not from management.

I have researched alternatives to Acrobat, several are out there.  Acrobat has the best functionality, but every week I get closer to dropping it for another .PDF tool because I cannot afford the lost productivity.   Unfortunately Adobe through its inaction is sending a message that it doesn't understand that Acrobat is probably the only Adobe brand that many people use daily.  Acrobat was architected as more of a cloud solution, but since then there has been an under-investment in the product.  Basis for this opinion - months of unstable crashing software.  

True, the high-end tools Adobe offers are used by many, but the brand equity in Adobe Acrobat over the years means that everyone knows it.  I predict either fix soon or a market disruption with new competitors entering and changing how we work with documents.  But, that is already happening.  Is Adobe too complacent? Are they going to just let this happen?  Get your popcorn people it will be a good movie to watch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be working now.  Thank you.  I did just upgrade to High Sierra 10.13.1 as well. 

Hoping it continues to work.  I have been using PenPdf in the meantime.   Opening the Adobe Acrobat caused that program to stop reading OCR, which is not a problem if Adobe keeps working.

Gini Barney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Acrobat Pro DC has been working fine since the update, however I’ve recently encountered this popup box that doesn’t actually run and disappear. It just sits there until I close it manually and then it pops up again. Other than that, I’m able to still work in the program. FYI

trina chambard

StudioNEXT | STUDIOWORKS | studioNEXTTHINKtank | Anagram | PartyCity | amscan

1515 Central Avenue NE, Suite 180, Minneapolis, MN 55413 • 651.263.2220 • tchambard@anagramintl.com<mailto:tchambard@anagramintl.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Having the same issue.

Acrobat DC worked during the initial betas but did crash often. Having gone GA acrobat does not start. The icon appears in the tray but you cannot get it to display any PDF's or it's opening screen.

I have removed and reinstalled it - same issue.

Current version of the software.

Macbook pro -touch bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having exactly the same problem. Also Mac pro touch bar. I just updated the IOS High Sierra, but it was happening even before that. I also tried uninstalling and re-installing the Acrobat Pro DC... but no solution: like you the icon appears in the tray but I cant display any PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe DC has crashed 17 times today alone. I'm not getting work done and my neck is on the line here. Why is it force closing? Why is there not a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try booting in safe mode. Not ideal, but Acrobat stopped crashing for me when I'm in safe mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can start Acrobat DC, but can't do much with it. I can read, but can't create forms (crashes repeatedly). If I use the "fill forms" option I can get farther, but still crashed several times while trying to fill in a form.

I am running a MacBook Pro, 15", mid 2015, 2.8 GHz Core i7. High Sierra 10.13

Acrobat DC 2017.012.20098. Should be the most current version because I just uninstalled and reinstalled from Creative Cloud this afternoon, to no avail.

I hope you have some answers for me and the rest of us here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is continually happening to me when I try to use documents from the Document Cloud. The app will just crash at random moments. It did happen once when opening a document from my computer, but the vast majority of the time the crashes have occurred when opening a document from the Document Cloud.

My system is macOS Sierra 10.12.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the same issue. I've downloaded and reinstalled DC twice now and it's not even opening. The rainbow wheel comes up within a few seconds of the application opening and I have to force quit each time. The application was working fine until I had an update 2 days ago. I'm at a loss here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem here.

Uninstalled Acrobat and reinstalled, but problem persisted.

OS is MacOS Sierra 10.12.6

Acrobat is Pro DC 2017 on CC - 2017.012.20098

Any basic task like saving, etc will cause the application to stop responding and the computer to be laggy.

Need solution immediately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  I am having the same problem with Adobe Acrobat DC quitting unexpectedly during different tasks and after saving the document.  This happens on both of the following computers iMac Yosemeite and MacAir Sierra.  I have all the Creative Cloud Apps but only use about 4-5 apps at this time.   The Adobe Acrobat DC is very critical to my business I use it for marketing, correspondance, emails and more.   

I am a novice and desperate.  Calling Tech Support was a nightmare I had to repeat my problem to 8 different people and did not get any help at all. 

I uninstalled and reinstalled didn't work for me on both computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having crash issues with Acrobat Pro High Sierra, but I’ve found booting and running in safe mode seems to fix the crashing. Not an ideal workaround, but better than constant crashing if you need to get work done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No solutions from Adobe it seems.

After wasting time and energy trying to solve this I have decided to look for an alternative software:

PDF Editor - PDFpen - Edit PDF Files | Smile Software

It does everything Acrobat does and doesn't crash constantly.

Hasta la vista Acrobat!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No solutions from Adobe it seems.

Would it be Adobe to find solutions to problems and errors from Apple?
It is a curious way of seeing things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines