• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Crashing with High Sierra

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since updating to macOS High Sierra, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC has been frequently crashing (application immediately closes and any unsaved files are not saved).

This crash frequently happens when trying to save a file and always happens when trying to save a document comparision file. The crash has also occurred under a variety of other conditions that I can't always replicate.

Any suggestions would be very helpful as these crashes are wreaking havoc with my workflow!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 117 Replies 117
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please update your application once? To update, please follow the steps shared at Install Acrobat and Reader updates 

Update should fix the issue for your. But, in case the issue is not fixed after updating application, please share the crash dump with me. To obtain the crash dump:

1. use your application and perform the steps that lead to crash
  2. once the application crashes, you will see a dialog with 3 buttons: Ignore, Report... and Reopen.
  3. click on Report... button
  4. you will see the crash dump.

Please copy the dump information in a text file and share the same with me at apangasa@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your email. I did not see any new updates when doing Help / Check for updates. Perhaps I already have it?

The About information says I’m running 2018.11.20038

I am still experiencing crashes

By the way, for user debugging purposes a nice feature would be to copy / paste the version number from the About dialogue.

Every time I try to type it here the dialogue goes away in Adobe Acrobat so I had to click About several times to make sure I had the version number correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's also no update for me. It says I'm up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I first uninstalled using CC, then reinstalled using CC, still crashing.

So then, uninstalled using Clean my Mac, then went to Adobe.com to download a new version, this also proved to be challenging as it seems Adobe is also having problems there. Finally managed to find download that worked, reinstalled, still crashing. I can manage to create 1 pdf, from either .ai or indesign, then crash. My only work around has been to just make one pdf at a time between crashes. Pain in __s. Wasting so much time.

This started out of the blue for me, this week, the last High Sierra was Feb 24, 3 weeks ago, no problem until now. I'm out of solutions, so tired of these problem, I feel like I'm playing wack a mole with my Adobe products, last week it was indesign not opening files and constantly restarting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have started researching Adobe competition that sells alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This work around seems to work, I uninstalled Acrobat DC 2018 and downloaded Acrobat Po 2017 here: Download Acrobat 2017, So far it seems to be doing ok, at least I'm able to get some work done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please share the crash dump with me so that we can investigate the issue further?

Thanks,

Ankit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any luck?

"So, I just finished with 2 different adobe tech support people, uninstalling and reinstalling from different adobe sites for Acrobat DC, basically spent 4 hours of billable time. Finally pinned it down to a known bug, at least on my machine, "As I checked with my resources its an know issue in Acrobat and its locked as an bug and the BUG# ADC-4231555" This has to due with using the "send mail" option.

They haven't fixed it yet, so I spent 4 hours of billable time for them to tell me that. I asked where I could sent my invoice for 4 hours. Finally they actually comped me for month, but that only  covers an hours of my time.

Anyway, really think we should all start flooding Adobe with invoices for all our wasted billable time.

So for now I guess I'll just stop using that option, though unfortunately it was an option I really like."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the work-around for this? I believe one of my users is experiencing the same problem. His DC Pro on a Mac crashes after Acrobat General TroubleshootingAmy_Wongtheblair 1min. OS 10.13.4, DC 18.011.20038

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My work around didn't work. I originally loaded Acrobat Pro 2017, it worked for about a 4 days, then the crashes started. So it wasn't. The known bug is sending mail from the application. There is no known cure, but he adobe team is working on it if that makes you feel better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here another mind twister: Pro DC seems fine on my Mac 2017, MBP 2015 but crashes all the time on my MB 2017, all running High Sierra 10.13.4. All have plenty of RAM.

Have reinstalled three times on MB 2017.

This is leading me to another pdf program, but they all suck too.

Best regards,

John

[Personal info removed by Mod: Email] Note: Please do not share the email address, phone number or any personal details on the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This work around seems to work, I uninstalled Acrobat DC 2018 and downloaded Acrobat Po 2017 here: Download Acrobat 2017, So far it seems to be doing ok, at least I'm able to get some work done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I just finished with 2 different adobe tech support people, uninstalling and reinstalling from different adobe sites for Acrobat DC, basically spent 4 hours of billable time. Finally pinned it down to a known bug, at least on my machine, "As I checked with my resources its an know issue in Acrobat and its locked as an bug and the BUG# ADC-4231555" This has to due with using the "send mail" option.

They haven't fixed it yet, so I spent 4 hours of billable time for them to tell me that. I asked where I could sent my invoice for 4 hours. Finally they actually comped me for month, but that only  covers an hours of my time.

Anyway, really think we should all start flooding Adobe with invoices for all our wasted billable time.

So for now I guess I'll just stop using that option, though unfortunately it was an option I really like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried one of the suggestions on this thread with SUCCESS and was able to install and run Acrobat Pro 9. First installed latest version of Java, using link from Apple site. Then, reinstalled both Acrobat and Distiller by deselecting EXTRAS option in pop-uip window. So far, so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlike 'Marlern' (who hasn't been on this thread until after my last comment which is kind of curious) uninstalling and re-installing Adobe Acrobat on Mac OS doesn't fix the problem.  Adobe Acrobat DC still crashes every day on MacOS.   Adobe Acrobat and MacOS High Sierra still don't work together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have personally been unable to make Adobe Acrobat DC work for over a year now through countless upgrades (currently on version 2018.011.20035) and on MAC 10.13.5 HS. Despite trying every patch I can find (including disabling the cloud function and reinstalling multiple times).  

What makes no sense is that there are a few Macs in our corporate office where DC still works - yet my system crashes even if I move Macs (we use corporate download so I assume it is the legacy information associated with my account).  I even have 2 MacPro 2017s with HS and both have the same problem with Acrobat DC. 

Customer service has been as pathetic as I could ever imagine.  To believe this company has a market cap of 100B on a PE of 53 is remarkable for selling an incompatible product to a company with a MC 10X the size of it.   Acrobat has been on my Macs since 2015 since I left PCs and there is just something broken that no one can fix (including my IT department).

To have a Chairman & CEO writing on a whine board like this for the first time tells me just how frustrated/desperate I have become -  e signatures for contracts is kind of important.

But I think I just need to have IT folks look for a broader global solution that has stability. 

So Adobe, I am sorry to say, but despite our work on your performance improvement plan...  you are fired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently Adobe doesn't want to fix it. It's become habit for me to reboot it all the time. They suck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now on version 2018.011.20040  I've been outspoken here because this fix has taken months, but suggest you try the latest version.  I had to do an uninstall using Adobe creative cloud (use the dropdown click uninstall Acrobat DC then install).  After re-installing, I'm waiting to see now how stable it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines