• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - Default Page Display settings not working

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.  When I first started using it, documents opened at full screen, around 200% zoom.  I changed my preferences immediately to 100% using the below steps.  Up until month or so ago, documents opened up at my preferred default of 100% zoom.  Now all of a sudden everything opens at 200%+ full screen.

Under Edit - Preferences - Page Display, the Default Layout and Zoom is set to Single Page, Zoom 100%

Edit - Preferences - Full Screen - Full Screen Set Up - the box is UNCHECKED for "Fill Screen with one page".

The default Page Layout/Zoom are no longer working.  Every new document I open jumps out at me at 200%+ full screen.  I have to go into the actual document properties, change the zoom and save it (if I need to save the document).

It's driving me crazy!!!!  I open at least 50 documents a day and this 200% initial view is killing me! Why don't the default view settings work any more??  I read on the forums there was a patch in late August to fix this. When I click "Help", check for updates, it says no updates available.

I'm at my wits end and have spent hours searching for the solutions.  Further frustrating me is there no way to directly contact Adobe for help.  All roads lead to the Forums.  We'll see if I get an answer.  It's crap customer service to take money for software and then not provide help when features fail....

Adobe - if you can't fix the default settings to work properly, then please design the software to open docs at 100% not full screen (the most popular preference).

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Hi Kahlerh,

We sincerely apologize for the delay in response to your query.

1- Looking at the steps shared above, it seems that you have all the required settings enabled. However, you may also check the preferences setting shared below whether that has been enabled or not.

• Open a document, specially the one which is causing more trouble and opening in 200% view.  Change its view to 100% manually.
  • Now go to preferences, Acrobat >Edit>Preferences(Ctrl+K)> Documents>Check "Restore last view setting

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kahlerh,

We sincerely apologize for the delay in response to your query.

1- Looking at the steps shared above, it seems that you have all the required settings enabled. However, you may also check the preferences setting shared below whether that has been enabled or not.

• Open a document, specially the one which is causing more trouble and opening in 200% view.  Change its view to 100% manually.
  • Now go to preferences, Acrobat >Edit>Preferences(Ctrl+K)> Documents>Check "Restore last view settings when reopening documents" if its not checked>OK
  • Close the current document and the Acrobat application too.
  • Reopen Acrobat and check the file again.

This should now fix the problem for the current document and the further files viewed at 100%.

2- If you are unable to install the updates automatically, then you may refer to the released notes here- Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

3- You have not been able to contact to the support people, that might be because your current account seems to be a free account. We do not see and Acrobat DC registered under it.

For any free account or free application, the support will only be available on forums-  Contact Customer Care

Let us know if you still experience the same problem.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced a similar default (page) view setting issue in early August 2020 while using Adobe Acrobat-that's part of my Adobe Creative Cloud subscription.  Going through the prescribed remedies mentioned in this Community Forum (using the Edit>Preference >to adjust and save Page Display and Document preferences) I wound-up nowhere. No improvement observed and my quest for a default Single Page upon opening a .pdf file continued.

Carl's remedy: uninstalled and reinstalled the same version of Adobe Acrobat (20.009.20067) and works as expected.  Who knows what corruption took place within Acrobat and being an end user, care little about the problematic issue. I’m pleased to see my application preferences took.

I’m posting this in hopes this post triggers comments from others and what they have done to control a badly behaving page view preference setting. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advice. I also tried to change the settings in Edit>Preference and had no luck. After re-installing Acrobat everything works as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your post. I skipped the Edit>Preference solution, since two of you said it didn't work, but I did not want to hassle with re-installing Acrobat, so I went to Library (on my mac) and put the 3 files related to Acrobat in the trash. When I reopened Acrobat the file displayed correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying to note this is still an issue ~5 years later. The posted answer from Adobe does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry about the trouble.

Could you please share more details about the issue and what does not work?

Share the current application and OS version with us.

Check if the issue occurs with all the files. To test, try to create a new file and see if you experience the same behavior.

It would be helpful if you could share a video for a better understanding and a sample PDF on which the issue occurs.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthew,

I am enclosing a picture story to make it easier to understand what the problem is with Acrobat's default settings. I recommend that you follow the steps below in Adobe laboratories and change the default application preferences (it is about disabling those functions that can be seen in the last pictures).

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

05.png

06.png

07.png

08.png

09.png

10.png

11.png

12.png

13.png

14.png

15.png

16.png

17.png

18.png

19.png

20.png

21.png

22.png

23.png

24.png

25.png

26.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry! Of course I wrote to "Meenakshi" 🙂 Screenshot_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad in 2022 this issue is still present...

At least on the version I have to use (2022.001.20142).

The issue (I put it in italic as it is not a real issue, the way you think it is) is that you cannot force a display settings if a doc specify one...

But who can decide how I should read my PDF ???
The creator of the file ? Why should he have the right to tell me how to display a file ?
If I am confortable using "full page" (width + height) it is my business and I do not care about the feelings of the author of the file !

So it's not a technical issue, obviously, it is a logical issue from the designer of the program who think someone can decide for you how to work with document !

So there must be a setting to force, no matter what, the display of ANY/ALL documents.
End of the story.

PS : I don't encounter the issue of PiolloUnderwhite, sadly, the (protected) document I am opening override my preferences...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2023 Jul 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the eacct same issue with Adobe Acrobat Reader Version 2023.003.20215 (64-bit). All the settings are correct for the 200% zoom layout, which is the Page Width zoom setting, but new documents open at 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same issue in 2023.003.20215 (64-bit).

Edit>Preferences> Documents>"Restore last view setting" is checked; however, the following are not restored when opening new documents:

1) thumbnail view open displaying smallest thumbnails, 6 across on my display (instead thumbnail view is closed)

2) document view set to "Fit one full page" (instead it is set to "Actual Size")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is obviously a major bug in Adobe Reader and Adobe out to put its best people on this issue to fix it ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea why they make it so difficult, but this seems to be working for me (so far):

Edit>Preferences>Accessibility

check "Always use Page Layout Style" and "Always use Zoom Setting" and set to your preferences.

This should allow your reader to override the document's Inititial View settings.

Also in Edit>Preferences>Documents you may want to uncheck "Restore last view settings when reopening documents" to always have documents open with your preferred defaults.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for this suggestion Spandy31455034puc5. This fixed the initial display to always be "Fit Page".

However, I am still unable to force Acrobat to open documents with the thumbnails panel open and expanded to more than a single column. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The suggested workaround above does not work for me. There ought to be a simple way to make Adobe Acrobat Reader display all documents in 200% full page display every time, but there just isn’t.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe fix this already please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an FYI for anyone else having this issue...I'm no power Adobe user but looked through a few of the settings in Preferences and found that you can "Override Page Display" settings under "Accessibility."  Under this Override option you can set different "Page Layout Style" and "Zoom Settings."  I was going a little crazy myself not being able to figure out how or why my PDFs kept opening as two up and at 88% until I found the override checked off under accessibility for these settings. I’m using Adobe Acrobat Pro on a Mac Mini M2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines