• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro - Pan Tool Not Default

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro and can't seem to change the pan tool to be set as a default.  Everytime it is opened, the selection tool is selected and I have to manually change it every time.  It's very frustrating.  I've checked previous discussions but they all seem to have results for a different adobe as I can't see the settings under Edit that they talk about.

Can you please explain how to set the pan tool as the default on Adobe Acrobat Pro??

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Hi @TANIA34226517it7s 

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 23.08.2042X installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

You may also try the steps below and see if that works:

1. open a PDF, right-click to select the Hand Tool

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @TANIA34226517it7s 

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 23.08.2042X installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

You may also try the steps below and see if that works:

1. open a PDF, right-click to select the Hand Tool
2. Go to Preferences (Ctrl,Cmd+K)>Accessibility>CHECK "Always display the keyboard selection cursor">Click OK
3. In Preferences>General - Change Touch Mode to Always

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal

Thanks for your response.  I wasn't able to find the steps under Help to find out what version of Adobe Acrobat Pro I have.  There wasn't an option for Check for Updates or About Acrobat.

However, I did manage to find the Preferences and have followed the steps that you've mentioned and it has seemed to work.  So thank you 🙂

Regards

Tania

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if there is no CMD key on the key board? There is Shift, Ctrl, the key with a window, Alt, space, Alt, FN etc. Nothing with CMD on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if there is no CMD key on the key board? There is Shift, Ctrl, the key with a window, Alt, space, Alt, FN etc. Nothing with CMD on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are a life saver!!!!! That worked perfectly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @TANIA34226517it7s 

Your feedback is valuable to us. Please follow the steps mentioned by Amal:

1. Go to preferences(Ctrl+K/Cmd+K), go to Accessibility preferences and select 'Always display the keyboard selection cursor'

ii34107938b8s8_0-1702472746366.png

2. Then go to General preferences under same dialog, and change Touch mode to 'Always'

ii34107938b8s8_1-1702472827122.png

This will set your cursor default to Pan tool. Please let us know if it is still an issue for you.

Regards,

Bhawna.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines