Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro Poor Performance

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was hoping somebody may be able to shed some light on why Adobe Acrobat seems to have such poor performance? The issue with Acrobat is constant lagging within the application, including delays in deleting items, typing text, editing text, adding signatures, etc.  It can take 5-10 seconds delay for some items to respond, this does not feel correct?  Please are they any tips to reolve this?

I have updated to the latest version & likewise windows & all drivers are latest versions.  I am using an Intel i7-10875H / 32gb Ram / 3070 Gpu.  I use various applications daily which in all cases should be more demanding than Acrobat, I have no issue with any of these including AutoCAD / 3D Studio Max / Revit / Photoshop / Illustrator / Sketchup.

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > Abpout Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20117 (Win), 20112 (Mac) Installed. Go to Help . Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amal,

Thanks for the response.  As mentioned I am on the latest version - 2022.001.20117, I wil be sure to add the actual number to any future queries.

I have never changed any preferences in Acrobat, but I will definetely give that a try.  I will also try creating a new user account with full admin priv's.  I will give feedback on both soonest.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines