Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro Preflight tool

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

is here anyone who knows what the preflight engine do exactly when you scale out a pdf-file with an image ( here tiff-data ). Is it scaling linear ? I ask, because printing press has always different formats and i want to find an easy way to scale out a pdf-file of a book or to shrink it without information loss in the pictures and the printing results.

thanks

Olivier

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @oliviers84009275 

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out.

The Preflight tool analyzes the contents of a PDF to determine its validity for print production and a variety of other conditions that you can specify. Preflight inspects the file against a set of user-defined values, called preflight profiles. Depending on the profile, the preflight inspection can also correct certain errors. Preflight also runs checks and fixups on visible areas or certain objects and makes PDFs comply with various standards.

For more information, please go through the help pages listed below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/analyzing-documents-preflight-tool-acrobat.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/preflight-profiles-acrobat-pro.html

Hope this information will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello Amal,

thanks for your answer and your 2 links. I´m specially interested only in this thing in preflight. I´m searching for an easy way to scale out a pdf-file of a book or to shrink it without information loss in the pictures and the printing results.

And here i use the preflight correction "side scale an the parameters in mm". Does this workflow has an impact of the quality, if f.ex i scale out a book from 270mm to 310mm. Does is scale out linear ?

Thanks

Olivier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't need to scale the pages for printing purposes. Acrobat can do that automatically (and correctly) for you when you use the Fit (or Shrink Oversized Pages) option in the Print dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines