• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro Search Field

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 and my friend has Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, we both have it installed on a Mac. Both programs look very similar however, there is one thing I do not understand. When searching a PDF document theirs will show how many times that word comes up and it will even show similar words. I have provided screenshots of the differences. Is this something I can enable in mine? I notice on Adobe Acrobat Pro DC there is an option for "Enable Auto Complete Suggestions", this does not seem to exist in the 2020 Pro version.

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 12.23.25 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-21 at 12.13.21 AM.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Hi!
Turning on case sensitivity will not help you in this situation.

To enable auto-complete suggestions and counts:

1. Go to Edit/Preferences
  2. In Categories, select 'Search'
  3. Check "Enable auto completion suggestions"

enable-auto-complete.jpg

This will enable the counts in most PDF files. For long files (1000+ pages), it can take a minute to build the index after you search.

Some lucky users have also been randomly selected to get early access to Search Suggestions which will also recommend related words: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/whats-new/2020-may.html#Cloudpoweredsearchsuggestions

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enable "Case sensitive" search

See slide :

casesensitive-searches.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
Turning on case sensitivity will not help you in this situation.

To enable auto-complete suggestions and counts:

1. Go to Edit/Preferences
  2. In Categories, select 'Search'
  3. Check "Enable auto completion suggestions"

enable-auto-complete.jpg

This will enable the counts in most PDF files. For long files (1000+ pages), it can take a minute to build the index after you search.

Some lucky users have also been randomly selected to get early access to Search Suggestions which will also recommend related words: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/whats-new/2020-may.html#Cloudpoweredsearchsuggestions 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My copy of Acrobat Pro 2020 does not have that extensive menu for search options. It has this:

Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 10.16.13 AM.png

How do I enable this option? I have the standalone version of Acrobat 2020 downloaded from Adobe.com. Four hours of chat help and two unfulfilled promises of phone call help has done nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's Acrobat DC only, I think. You have a copy of Acrobat frozen around the end of 2019, so it will be missing any newer changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines