Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro subscription

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have an Adobe Acrobat Pro subscription with a two user licence in an Active Directory domain enviroment.

We have found that when a user is trying to edit PDFs, Acrobat Pro is very slow.

We have replaced the PC (i7), increased the RAM (16GB), reformatted the PC (Win 10) and reinstalled Acrobat again.

Acrobat is on the latest version.

I thought it could be a corrupt PDF but we have tired other PDFs and get the same issue.

We thought it could be the app data or local user profile for that user, however the slowness also occurs when another user log into the PC and uses Acrobat Pro.

The user needs Adobe to edit PDFs and redact documents.

To overcome the slowness issue, I was thinking of trying an online version so we don't have to install Acrobat. Is there a version of Acrobat Pro that allows on-line redaction?

I have seen free on-line tools that edit PDFs and allow redaction but as we are handling sensitive data I would rather avoid these.

Thanks

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @IT27473067nm5n 

To overcome the slowness issue, I was thinking of trying an online version so we don't have to install Acrobat. Is there a version of Acrobat Pro that allows on-line redaction?

I have seen free on-line tools that edit PDFs and allow redaction but as we are handling sensitive data I would rather avoid these.

With an Acrobat Pro subscription, you can access all of your services on Document Cloud web as well. 

For editing PDFs, Combine, Convert from here https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/home/ 

For performance issues (Slowness), try resetting Acrobat's preferences following the steps suggested above.

Regarding data security, your files are not stored on Adobe's server, it would be in your Document Cloud account only.

For more details, you can refer to https://www.adobe.com/privacy/policy.html 

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the quick reply, I will have a look at the preferences settings. Everything on the PC is fine and the slowness is only apparent when using Adobe Pro to Edit a PDF.

I just had another look at our subscription and it mentions that we can only redact with the desktop app so I presume we cannot redact when using the Document Cloud web?

Basically if we cannot resolve the problem with slowness in the Adobe Desktop app, I would like to encourage the user to edit and redact PDFs in the browser instead as this should provide a workaround.

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines