Adobe Acrobat Pro x64 Windows 10 Redaction Issue

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All, as of the recent version 22 update. I believe the redaction feature has ran into an issue with CID (Character ID) Font Format. I had an file that has OpenSans (Embedded Subset) Type: TrueType (CID) font that has issues when I redact. I have found out that once you Redact>sanitize and hide information, the hidden information remove certain characters like "i" or "t" from the document. This also happens with open TrueType1 fonts thats installed on the system as well. I then notice a fix where you can open PDF standards>Open Adobe Pro DC 2015 Profiles>Click the Wrench Icon>Document dropdown>Run the fixup called Convert TrueType fonts to CFF fonts>Then Redact and sanatize>Then it works. Is it because CID font is not compatible? Also, is there a way to apply the CFF fixup to multiple documents if you "Save as PDF"?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello dear friend, it was checked twice, in both Windows 10 and 11 systems, it is correct, it has the same problem for me.

Sajjad Jamshidi Moghaddam

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines