• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro XI or Pro DC & Windows 10- Not working

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated to Windows 10, on my PC, I can no longer work with Adobe Acrobat Pro XI or Pro DC.  Every time that I try and add text, any text, the app will not allow me and freezes up.  (It states that Adobe Acrobat Pro is no longer responding)  I am incredibly frustrated, because I have to create notes on my PDF documents for work.  I am dead in the water, without the mark-up tool (adding text and drawing boxes around particular information) in my technical documents.  Is there any way to solve this?  I am ready to trash Adobe all together.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have both versions installed at the same time? That's not a good idea.

I would recommend you uninstall both versions, then run this cleaner tool (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html) then install only one (preferably DC, as XI is outdated and becoming less and less compatible with Windows 10 with each new update to the latter), install all available updates, then try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I DON'T have both versions installed at the same time.  I uninstalled the Adobe Pro DC, and I only have the  Pro XI installed now.  It still is freezing up when I try to print only page range 2-3 of 5 pages, and I can't annotate a single document, without it freezing up the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble caused.

I would like to inform you that Acrobat XI is an old and unsupported version. It is not tested with the latest OS versions. it may or may not work.

Please try to installing Acrobat Pro DC and if you experience the issue, use the troubleshooting steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-crashes-on-windows-os.html.

If the issue persists, let us know.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines