• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Punctuation Marks Problem - Appearing on Left of Sentence

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am trying to type or copy paste text into Adobe Acrobat Pro from "content editing" - "edit text and images" section. However, the last punctuation marks appear on the left of the screen like the image below. If I type numbers they appear in Arabic like the second picture. The font switches from "Minion Pro" to "Arial" on its own. Can anyone help?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just change Language settings as shown below in Acrobat Preferences.

language-settings.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this & restarted the program but it did not work. I have tried playing with language settings before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works with me when I turn off "Hindi Digits" THEN paste my text, or type a new text. Make sure your OS keyboard input language is English.

Punctuation showing at the wrong end of the sentence and Hinidi numerals are basically controlled by the two preference options I illustrated earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hindi Digits is turned off & the input language of my OS is English.

This only solves the issue of numbers showing in Arabic. Now they show in English. But the punctuation mark problem is not gone.

Do you think this might be due to the fact that the original pdf was not created by me and was sent by mail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah no, I have tried creating a new pdf from scratch and same problem of punctuation occurs when I type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey buddy,

im having the same issue and cant solve this.

how did you fix it?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone find a solution to the puncutation problem here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issues with adobe acrobat, has anyone found the solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. It was an issue 5 years ago with a different version of Adobe Pro, and continues to be an issue with the current version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried to change the writing direction for your paragraph? Just highlight the whole text, then right-click on it and choose to change writing direction

writing direction.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines