• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Quit Unexpectedly

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I open Acrobat DC on my MacBook Pro the software immediately quits.

-------------------------------------
Translated Report (Full Report Below)
-------------------------------------

Process: AdobeAcrobat [34695]
Path: /Applications/Adobe Acrobat DC/Adobe Acrobat.app/Contents/MacOS/AdobeAcrobat
Identifier: com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro
Version: 22.001.20085 (22.001.20085)
Code Type: ARM-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [1]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2022-03-22 11:34:31.5805 -0700
OS Version: macOS 12.2.1 (21D62)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: 9403D1C8-B467-A3F1-105D-B54C5887CEA3

Sleep/Wake UUID: 62FFBAC0-3CFB-432D-9656-D8CBEBD2337A

Time Awake Since Boot: 76000 seconds
Time Since Wake: 12490 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000888
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000888
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 11 Segmentation fault: 11
Terminating Process: exc handler [34695]

Does anyone know of a solution to get it running again?

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled it twice.  I've also logged out and back into my CC account.  Neither fixed the behavior.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Hi @michelleb19314433 

We are sorry to hear that.

Please follow the steps below in the order they are defined to perform a clean uninstallation and reinstallation of Acrobat to resolve the issue:-

• Delete all Adobe folders located at /Library/Application Support and ~/Library/Application Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/error-acrobat-pro-dc-quit-unexpectedly-when-trying-to-open-acroba... and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and following the direction on that link has not fixed it. Is there someone we can talk to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sara258273793kjn 

Would you mind sharing the version of the application and the OS you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.2.20191. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, a small video recording of the steps you are doing and the issue you are experiencing would be very helpful.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with acrobat quitting unexpectedly on my Mac. 

• I have completely shut down my computer and brought back up 
  • I have gone through the help page and uninstalled creative suite and reinstalled.
  • I tried uninstalling creative suite, running adobe acrobat uninstall log, installing Adobe Creative Cloud cleaner tool, running that and then reinstalling Creative suite. 
  • I have made sure all my programs are up to date on my creative suiste app
  • I'm running on Ventura13.0.1 (22A400).  I will also attach the error log I receive from acrobat whenever I try opening up a pdf.(Acrobat error log.rtf)

I work on pdfs everyday and is a large percentage of my workday is using acrobat to preflight our pdf files.  Is there anything else I can do to fix this? 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @michelleb19314433 

Please follow the steps below in the order they are defined to perform a clean uninstallation and reinstallation of Acrobat to resolve the issue:-

• Delete all Adobe folders located at /Library/Application Support and ~/Library/Application Support.

• Delete All Adobe preferences from /Library/Preferences and ~/Library/Preferences.

• Restart the machine.

• Launch Acrobat and Sign in to activate it.

Let us know if you still experience the issue and need more help.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning,

I followed the instructions above in that order and I'm still crashing when I open acrobat. Attached is my error log.  Please let me know what the next steps are. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the process one more time to make sure I didn't miss a step and the crashing is resolved.  Is there any explanation why this would have occured out of the blue?  I work in acrobat extensively on a daily basis.  I had not made any changes to the program and acrobat was working properly 1/2 hour before that.   Any information on why this happens would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @michelleb19314433 

We are glad to hear that the issue got fixed for you and that the crashing has stopped. Let us know if the application crashes again, as we may need fresh logs to find out the root cause of the crash. https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best quality devices mobile is Samsung and Android system. For laptop
Microsoft and windows 11.
Adobe reader needs backup to cloud storage, and not necessary updates. You
can use github software to share links and github guard your documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya, Im really stuck.

adobe acrobat quit unexpectedly

I need this working today, its not fun having apiad subscription and this is not working for me.

I cant open the package, it just stops, white screen, nothing else.

I've reinstalled it a number of times on my PC.

I had it before working, i have NORTON running.

I'm not a computer TECH head, so i need some simple advice to help me get it working.

If there was an older version on the web i can download for free right now, i would use it.

HELP ME PLEASE LOVELY SUPPORT PEOPLE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Hope you are doing well.

Do you get any error message when the application quits unexpectedly? A small video recording or a screenshot would be very helpful.

Are you on Mac or Windows OS? If you are using a Mac machine, please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/error-acrobat-pro-dc-quit-unexpectedly-when-trying-to-open-acroba...

If you are on Windows, would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  , Procmon logs (Win Only) https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html  and Crash/freeze logs https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html   and share them via any cloud storage. Just upload the log file to the cloud and generate the link and share that link with us for further investigation.

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines