Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Printing Issue Black lines

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2016 Aug 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a big problem with printing in Adobe Acrobat DC. The PDF file looks perfect in the reader. But when I print it, several lines are replaced by thick black lines. I tried different printers, and printing to a PDF file, but the problem remains. When I print the file using a different PDF reader (SumatraPDF), it works flawless.

It seems that the error appears after applying the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

Kind regards!

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Hi all,

Adobe Reader official update containing the complete fix for "black streaks while printing" issue is now available. Please update to the latest release by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

Release notes for today's release are here: http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/DC/dccontinuousjanuary2017.html

Please try it out and let us know your feedback.

Thanks!

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Adobe Reader official update containing the complete fix for "black streaks while printing" issue is now available. Please update to the latest release by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

Release notes for today's release are here: http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/DC/dccontinuousjanuary2017.html

Please try it out and let us know your feedback.

Thanks!

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that's continuous deployment! Yes, 2015.023.20053 fixed it for me. Thumbsup!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW, Thanks adobe, it really works 🙂 I had to download the update file since i have a norwegian version and the update inside the program didnt find the new version, but i downloaded the AcroRdrDCUpd1502320053.msp file and yes, IT WORKS, i can't believe it yet, but it do, THANKS AGAIN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eric51062465 perb65161376​ - We are extremely happy to hear that!

Thanks very much for confirming,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Acrobat Reader to the version 15.023.20056 and I still have black streak line when I print. I tried Acrobat Reader XI and PDF X Change. Both software print correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the big thick black lines and really only seem to be on my tax forms. Using latest updated version of windows 10. Had Adobe check for updates and said was up to date. What worked for me was to uninstall latest version of Adobe reader and install version 9.0 problem solved. That would seem to suggest a problem with Adobe software still exist . Before uninstalling tried to load PDF file on computer and print from that, same result, also tried printing the forms off of the IRS website, same result With 9.0 everything is fine again 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is exactly what Is happening to me but Reader sometimes does not show the Print (drop down) it is grey. What causes it not to allow printing at all???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines