• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat reader

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the reader. However, it is not the same reader that I am used to. The one I have shows the number of pages on the side whereas the one I am used to shows the pages on top. Problem with the one that shows the pages on the side is it is difficult to see how many pages the document has if there are more than 100 pages. I have atached photographs, As can be seen, the one shows pages numbes at the side which I don't want whereas the one at the bottom shows page numbers at the top. What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are in Adobe's New Experience.  Introducing the new Acrobat experience (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @patrickc12765051 

Hope you are doing well.

This is the Modern viewer you got.  Introducing a simpler and more intuitive experience for Acrobat desktop, making it easier for you to view content and perform your everyday actions on the PDF.

With Modern Viewer a lot of tools have been repositioned/realigned. We encourage you to continue using the modern viewer. To know more about it, please refer to the details here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/new-acrobat-experience.html 

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello AkanchhaS,

I wonder if you could answer the following two questions:

(a) When you say that you "encourage" me to use the "Modern" viewer, is that your way of saying it is not possible for me to get the old viewer?

(b) If so, can you tell me how I can alter the view on the "Modern" viewer so that I can easily see what page I am on if the document has more than 100 pages?

At the moment, I don't think it is a very "modern" viewer when I can't see what page I am on. This is veyr important for my work. Should I use another PDF reader instead?

Regards

Patrick Cox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take it from the lack of a response that the answers to my two questions are:

(a) Yes

(b) It can't be done

It would be nice though if this would be confirmed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I apologize for not being able to respond to your further question. 

The reason why I mentioned that I would encourage you to continue using the modern viewer is that in the future, there won't be any option to roll back to the old UI. Hence, moderner viewer will be the default view.

You can now switch back to the old UI and continue using it as before. Click on Menu>Disable New Acrobat. 

2- About the page view option, yes, this is right that it has been repositioned from the top to the right-hand side panel. But its functionalities haven't been changed.

What are the challenges when you open a document of more than 100 pages?

It looks the same as before when it was on top.  Let us know if the view is different for you. 

Below is the screenshot of a document of more than 1000 pages. 

AkanchhaS_0-1691184357047.png

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thank you for getting back to me. I attach a screenshot. The reader seems to have been updated because I can now read the page number if it is up to 9,999. However, it still doesn't show the page number if it is more than 9,999. So, I attach a screenshot showing a document which has 34,893 pages. It is on page 27,251 but, as you can see, it is only showing 51 and to determine the page number you need to click in to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@patrickc12765051, now I see what you were trying to convey. 

This is a new experience, and there're new things that we get to hear from our users.

Let me notify our engineering team to check if it is an intentional change.

Any thoughts on how it used to look for a 5-digit page number on the old UI? Or can you quickly go back to the old UI

Acrobat>Menu>Disable New Acrobat?

Take a screenshot of the same file on the same page number and share it with us.

~Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines