• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat showing some text as white boxes in downloaded PDFs

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2024 Sep 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work for a law firm and, since last week, a few staff members are having this issue. They download medical records from a certain medical records company. It opens in a Google Chrome tab and it is fine. They click the Download button and download it...when it opens in Adobe Acrobat Standard desktop app, a lot of the text is little black outlined white boxes.

I know it is a font issue somewhere...I just don't know where. I highlighted some of the white boxes and right-click, copied and then pasted into Word using the same formatting. It is only an arial font...some bold, which our Windows 10 computers certainly have.

So, why is Adobe Acrobat desktop not able to recognize it?

Thanks in advance.

Dave G.

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 10, 2024 Sep 10, 2024

Hi All,

This issue has been fixed in our latest Acrobat release  (version - 24.003.20112). Please update the app to the latest version and let us know if yor are still getting the issue.

P.S :- To update the app to the latest version, you can do Help->Check for updates from with app.

Regards

Ravi

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 10, 2024 Sep 10, 2024

Hello Everyone, 

We are live with the next release(2024.003.20112).

Please update the app to the latest version and let us know if the issue is fixed.

Thanks,

Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I was struggling with the same problem for a week now. Not sure if this problem started after the adobe update or after the window update. For our office is happening only with medical records of hospitals. Anyhow I came up with 2 solutions that work for us at least. Both of them are temporarly somehow, because Adobe has to fix this once for all.

1. Open the file with the browser, not with adobe.

2. When in Adobe under All tools select Compress a PDF, select Preflight, PDF fixups, Convert fonts to outlines, Analyze and fix.

I tried to illustrate the steps with pictures. Hopefully this will solve your problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We dont have preflight but reducing the file size does work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2024 Sep 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Khaldun @office_8091 for sharing the workarounds.

While this works for you, we are keen to fix this to prevent any further issues with your experience with Acrobat.

Your taking the time to share such workarounds is always appreciated.

Thanks for the support!

-Souvik

Community & Social Consultant | Document Cloud | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2024 Sep 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This issue has been fixed in our latest Acrobat release  (version - 24.003.20112). Please update the app to the latest version and let us know if yor are still getting the issue.

P.S :- To update the app to the latest version, you can do Help->Check for updates from with app.

Regards

Ravi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this issue for a while. My only workaround is to open the document in your internet browser (drag drop). It works fine for viewing; I have printed MRO docs to a PDF to remove the boxes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone, 

We are live with the next release(2024.003.20112).

Please update the app to the latest version and let us know if the issue is fixed.

Thanks,

Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2024 Sep 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update worked for my client

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2024 Sep 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @Adam363357620p1z, for letting us know that it works.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2024 Sep 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The update worked for us. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines