• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat standard and Pro on same RDS server

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Our users access Adobe Acrobat Standard on an RDS server, but one has asked if he can have the ability to compare documents. I believe that function is only available on Acrobat Pro, so just wondering if anyone knows if both versions can happily live alongside each other on the same RDS server?

Many thanks in advance.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Hi Ade@lunch 

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, You can not have Acrobat Std and Acrobat Pro together on same server. As this is correct it will overwrite the existing version of Acrobat, you can only have either one of them.

Hope this information will help.

Regards

Amal

Hey! Spread the word and help others by marking the correct answer so future users can benefit from your experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ade@lunch 

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, You can not have Acrobat Std and Acrobat Pro together on same server. As this is correct it will overwrite the existing version of Acrobat, you can only have either one of them.

Hope this information will help.

Regards

Amal

Hey! Spread the word and help others by marking the correct answer so future users can benefit from your experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thank you Amal for getting back to me so quickly. I will let my user know.

Regards

Ade

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again.

Sorry, just need to confirm this, as a colleague said to me that there is only the one version of Acrobat DC, and if a user logs on with a Pro license, that unlocks the Pro features, if a user logs on and uses that software on the server with a standard license, they only see the standard features.

What is it? Are there actually seperate installed for Acrobat Standard DC and Professional DC, or is it one version and it's all down to the user license?

Remember this is not the desktop version of the software.

Thanks again.

Ade

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ade@lunch 

You got that right; there is no separate installers for Acrobat Std DC and Pro DC, its one version Acrobat DC and all are linked to the user licenses (Pro or Std).

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines