• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe acrobat stuck in certified mode

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Acrobat as a part of Creative Cloud on me new laptop (Windows 11).
Whatever I do, Acrobat stays in the certified mode. My not-certified plugins (working oké on my former laptop (Windows10)) don't show. How can this problem be resolved?

Schermafdruk 2022-12-05 21.03.00.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

I had the same issue with Tic Tie & Calculate, a 3rd party plugin for Acrobat. I found out that the .api file needed for TTC was not located in the Acrobat plug ins folder. This file needs to be in this folder for Acrobat to be able to find the plugin and this will change Certified Mode to No. Search your computer for the .api file for your plugin and once you find it, move it to the Acrobat plug ins folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Marijke5FDB 

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.3.20282 (Win) or 22.3.20281 (Mac) installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue with Tic Tie & Calculate, a 3rd party plugin for Acrobat. I found out that the .api file needed for TTC was not located in the Acrobat plug ins folder. This file needs to be in this folder for Acrobat to be able to find the plugin and this will change Certified Mode to No. Search your computer for the .api file for your plugin and once you find it, move it to the Acrobat plug ins folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines