• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat triggering false positives with Anti-Virus.

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if there's a thread on this already. I could not find anything using the search. Lately, our anti-virus has been popping off for random computers due to suspicious behavior of "behavior modification" from Adobe. We just about get 1-2 computers a day with this alert.  I saw an article on Bleeping Computer that Adobe is blocking anti-virus software from scanning PDFs. This is a huge security risk for us. Is there a workaround or fix for this? Here is a link to Bleeping Computer explaining the issue.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/adobe-acrobat-may-block-antivirus-tools-from-monitori...

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Tyrone27602746bdcm 

I hope you're doing great.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

We will indeed look into this and will get back to you with a definite response in a couple of days.

Thank you,

Krutikka

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind sharing a few details, so we can assist you better?

1. Application and OS version.

2. What is the exact error message you're getting? Please share a screenshot and video recording of the error and workflow you're doing.

3. Make and Model of the antivirus you're using.

Also, make sure that the antivirus is updated.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Krutikka

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Adobe Acrobat Reader Version 22.003.20282 / Windows 10 Pro 21H2

2. "Security Threat: Program Library Injection" seems to happen when users open a PDF I believe. I've attached a screenshot; PDF opens like normal for users, but we (IT) receive the suspicious behavior alert. It seems to happen to 1 or 2 random users daily at this point.

3. Trend Micro Worry Free Business Services Agent Version 6.7.3075/14.2.3048 Smart Scan Agent Pattern version: 18.143.00 (although it would have been whatever version was for 4 days ago as we have it automatically update daily)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope you're doing well.

This issue might be internal. Would you mind checking whether bBlockDllInjection is present and set to 1 inside registry path SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\DLLInjection on the machines where this alert is coming up?

We are trying to reproduce and check on our end as well.

hoping to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Krutikka

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I was out for the holidays.

I checked on my own computer, and the registry setting is set to 0. To my understanding, this is the correct setting as having it set to 0 will not block our anti-virus from scanning PDF files.

I was told by another coworker in IT that he read somewhere that the setting is set every time Adobe is opened and that on rare occasssions, Adobe will set it to 1 which triggers the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines