Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat unistalls automatically on HP Z Book Windows 11

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope the community can help. 

My company recently upgraded my laptop to a HP Z Book running Windows 11, I have successfully installed InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, however, Acrobat can install and run but the minute I either sleep my machine or shutdown, it uninstalls EVERY time, meaning I have to reinstall it almost everytime I need to use it.

Our company has an 'Enterprise' account so obviously Acrobat is part of our package and is one of the apps I need to use daily.

Please advise.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would contact your IT department, as this sounds like an app policy that gets polled every time you sign in and it's removing the installation. I have Windows 11 running Adobe Acrobat simply fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply @tony_72000 , I have raised this with our IT dept and will report back thier findings, I think you are right as our machines are pretty much locked down so as a user, we cannot do much in terms of adding new software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

++Adding to @tony_72000 excellent advice, what happens if you disable Hibernate mode?

More importantly, where is the  Acrobat installer package downloaded to and where is it installing from?

Is this happening through the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app?

Or do you have to download the Adobe Acrobat executable installer program locally to your computer?

In which case, what happens if you are able to execute the Acrobat installer program while the computer is completely offline (no Internet or network access?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @ls_rbls, I have downloaded Acrobat via the desktop app, via the online portal and the executable installer program. As our machines are locked down, in order to update/download anythong, they require 'admin' creds which I don't have. I will raise the issue with our IT dept and report back the outcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines