• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat X incompatible with Office 2010 x64! Along with other Problems I found!

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2010 Nov 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I AM VERY ANGRY AS WELL AS LOSING IT BIG TIME!!! MADDNESS!!!!

Can someone FROM ADOBE FIX THESE PROBLEMS? CAN AN UPDATE OR FIX SOLVE OUR SITUATION WITH ACROBAT X?

First off, I cannot see the plugin appear in the Office ribbon, in ANY office program. I tried everything Adobe told me to do. From trying to locate the adding through the list of disabled add-ins (which is not displayed), or the command prompts option which did not work either.

Second of all, I have this message of "Missing PDFMaker files", then after reinstalling Adobe 10 times, as well as reinstalling office 2010 x64 Bit 26 times, reformatting Windows "7" Ultimate x64 Bit 5 times, I still had no results.

Third, yet not least, the other problem is that the option to create blank PDFs no longer exists. In addition, I am unable to edit existing PDFs, even if they do not have security on them. I want a word processing feature added to Acrobat!

Can someone fix ANY of these problems, or may Adobe create an update to FIX ALL of these problems, OR AM I GOING TO DROP ACROBAT IN FAVOUR OF ANOTHER COMPANY?

I NEED HELP SOON!!!! NO TIME TO DO THIS ON MY OWN!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: Uchiha971

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 22, 2011 Jun 22, 2011

Good day everyone,

With the release of Acrobat 10.1 on June 14th, we released a 64-bit version of PDFMaker.  Please refer to 'What's new (Acrobat 10.1)' and the updated CPSID_88296 for more information.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

David

Acrobat Community Manager

Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2011 Jun 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is of course very much aware of the demands of customers that Acrobat X support the latest flavors of MS Office, web browsers etc. and is constantly working to introduce those features - but it's not as trivial as it sounds, especially when we bring a 32/64 bit translation layer into the picture. Acrobat X is a 32-bit application and will remain so, and any 64-bit extensions to a 32-bit process core require a lot of beta testing to ensure they're stable. These forums would show very little sympathy if Adobe released a plugin that crashed when converting partcularly-large documents or when certain combinations of embedded content were used, and given how complicated an Office document can be, that's a massive set of checks to run. It's one of the reasons why very few plugins have so far been released for MS Office x64, by Adobe or anyone else.

Nobody involved will reveal the date of future releases, so as I said above you'll have to be patient. Of course unless you've disabled updates, if such a feature were to be released during the Acrobat X product cycle you'd find it installs itself automatically, and there would be a huge wave of publicity here and elsewhere to ensure users understand what's changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Macromedia division managed to produce an x64 beta for their Flash plugin about this time last year - and has not presented any problems that I can tell..

Some of us are not really concerned about the latest flavours of Office, but need to produce software that will run as x64 and be able to export documents to pdf ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that 64 bit software is becoming the norm of recent, and us unsuspecting users of software buy programs like Office 64 bit - then spend the money upgrading Acrobat, etc. only to find out it no longer does what we bought it for.  If you bought a car and it wouldn't run on gasoline that now has ethanol in it - would you accept the excuses given here?  Especially if it was a premium car.

In the last few months I have many peopel tell me this is why they are no longer continuing with Acrobat, no longer worth the premium as functionality is not longer any different than the cheaper programs.  Acrobat has lost its performance edge - the reason we all buy the program.  Just recently an IT support company told me they had a major corporate customer who was a larger adobe customer turn away from the program.

What are we supposed to do, remove the expensive Office Professional program we bought and go buy the 32 bit version?

So Adobe sees no need to get up to speed, or just can't come up with the answers.  Fine .. then I guess many of us will see no need for paying the extra price for upgrading Acrobat so long as it comes without its previously fuctionality that made it better than the cheap programs (or even some of the free programs).  No doubt some open source genious will take advantage of this fault and give us the answer in a free to use program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2011 Jun 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day everyone,

With the release of Acrobat 10.1 on June 14th, we released a 64-bit version of PDFMaker.  Please refer to 'What's new (Acrobat 10.1)' and the updated CPSID_88296 for more information.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

David

Acrobat Community Manager

Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2011 Jul 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any proposed fixes for Outlook 2010  64-bit "Send as Email" issue.  Cant sent a PDF as email attachment in 10.1.  Before the latest patch there was a nice registry edit that fixed this (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/760202?tstart=0)  but new patch rendered that fix null and void and I can no longer send PDFs via email using Outlook 2010 64 bit.  Throughs folloiwng error:

7-6-2011 11-33-44 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2011 Aug 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE  I feel like a dummy...apparently, someone (staff) had disabled the "use 3rd party browser extensions" option in Internet Ex;lorer advanced options under "browsing"...it works fine now with IE8 32 bit and also works ok from Office 2010 32 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2011 Sep 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At worst this is hands down the most egregious bait-and-switch I've seen from a major software company ever, or it is an attempt to act like Adobe is addressing huge incompatibility issues while in reality only addressing minor issues.

Post after post after post, question after question after question on these boards and we are told Windows 7 64-bit is now supported by Adobe Acrobat 10.1.0. It is 'supported' in only the losest terms. Once I ask about a specific feature, I am told 'oh, yeah, that's not supported'. Luckily, unlike with A9, I downloaded the trial version of Pro X vs. buy an upgrade like I foolishly did last time from 8 to 9.

I have found that while, yes, AX now allows you to use the Create PDF buttons in MS applications and PDFMaker is 'upgraded', it's essentially the same functionality as Saving As PDF in both cases. PDFMaker still doesn't create a dynamic TOC from Word even after the Create Bookmarks and Add Links are selected. This is the same issue as was present in A9 - TOC links and hyperlinks were not created.

Shared Review, a wonderful and very useful feature we rely on heavily, is still not supported. This despite my being told on the board it was. I have tested it every which way and it does not work. It does not recognize MS-Outlook as the default mail client. Again, this is the same issue as with A9.

Adobe should really really really stop saying it supports Windows 7 64-bit. Please. Do us all a favor and stop getting our hopes up until you actually support your full range of features in Acrobat Pro X with Windows 7 64-bit. It's beyond frustrating and has seriously damaged your credibility in my eyes. I feel like I am asking a used car salesman about a car. He tells me the car is 'like new' and when I ask him if the AC he works, he says 'well, not that but the car starts'. We pay a premium for Acrobat because it (was) a great product. Now I am still lugging around an extra legacy XP laptop in order to use the full functionality of Acrobat Pro. Not good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2011 Sep 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm in the same boat.  Adobe Acrobat X, Office 2010 x 64 - nothing works.  I purposely purchased the program to make high quality PDF's for my publishing company.  Where does that leave me now?  Dead in the water.

Adobe!  Step up to the plate here and fix the problem.  People are spending money on programs that aren't working.  What's the deal?  Where are the fixes?  This is really upsetting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works fine for us with the 32 bit version of Office 2010.  I had been warned by a software vendor not to use the 64 bit version of Office 2010 or IE8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wildplaces1 wrote:

It works fine for us with the 32 bit version of Office 2010.  I had been warned by a software vendor not to use the 64 bit version of Office 2010 or IE8

Isn't that the whole point - 64 bit systems and applications have been around for quite some time now - I think we should expect them to work with Acrobat...

As for IE8 - IE9 was the first half decent browser out of the MS stable, but Acrobat will still not run inside IE9 x64  - the only workaround is to load it into the desktop reader... The complaints we get from users with x64 browsers opening pdf files..........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty bad because Dell packagedt the software in a bundle with Office 2010 and sold it to me in a 64-bit system.  You'd think they would have been on it too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are on Windows7 64 bit, and the 32 bit version of Office and IE work just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wildplaces1 wrote:

We are on Windows7 64 bit,  and the 32 bit version of Office and IE work just fine.

Navigate to any web page that contains a pdf file with IE9 x64 and try to open it in the browser window.... Then try the same thing with IE9 x86

Oh - and the title of this thread is "Adobe Acrobat X incompatible with Office 2010 x64! Along with other Problems I found!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is not opening in IE or Firefox.  My problem is making PDF's.  The only way I can do so is by the SAVE AS option from Word.  I cannot use Acrobat to create a PDF.  I cannot do so from MS Word using hte regular function where I can choose an option.  The options are missing.  As soon as I try, MS Word crashes.  The PDF never gets made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AuthorLady61 wrote:

My problem is not opening in IE or Firefox.  My problem is making PDF's.  The only way I can do so is by the SAVE AS option from Word.  I cannot use Acrobat to create a PDF.  I cannot do so from MS Word using hte regular function where I can choose an option.  The options are missing.  As soon as I try, MS Word crashes.  The PDF never gets made.

What happens when you click 'Print' from Word and select 'Adobe PDF' as the printer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same...it crashes and Acrobat freezes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2011 Dec 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sigh... ..., by Golly I wish I had read this thread before all of my win7, office 2010, ie9, installation is done in x64, then acrobat X on the compatiblity.  Adobe is supposed to be one of the cream of the crop brand.  The whole world is moving forward with x64, and what? adobe is offering Crash and Freeze instead of Crash and Burn?  Gee, Job well done.  It's about time to move to India like Quickbook, with funny accent supporting teams that just keep throwing their customers around for everyone's joy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2011 Dec 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated your AA X. I think that the latest update may have resolved the problem, but am not sure. It is at least worth trying before you start going back. It is not real clear to me that there is any advantage of operating OFFICE in a 64-bit mode. For computation sure, but for word processing and simple tasks that only really need 7-bit information? Oh well, maybe it will be clear someday. I sometimes feel that MS pushes this aspect for technology just so they can get folks to upgrade and pay more $$. I still prefer OFFICE 2003 as a user, though the file structure of OFFICE 2007/2010 may be improved -- not sure the interface and capabilities are any better. OK, that is an opinion and I am sure that there are many who swear by the newer product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2012 Feb 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is STILL NOT RESOLVED.

While adobe claims 64bit compatibility - it is not.

DO NOT TRUST ADOBE'S CLAIMS OF IT BEING FIXED IN LATEST UPDATES - it's the writ response, not based on dev input.

The PDFMaker plugin will reliably jam the print spooler service on any system running Office 2010 on the windows 7 64bit operating system, regardless of whether Office is 32 or 64 bit. You will not be able to stop the print spooler service unless you PSKILL it.

The workaround is to remove the pdfmaker plugin from Word, Excel, Outlook and any other office app where it is present. When an adobe update comes through the plugin is re-enabled - so you will once again need to remove the plugin.

This situation is unbelievable Adobe - don't keep feeding us BS, FIX THE PROBLEM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2012 Mar 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still not fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines