Exit

Adobe Acrobat X Pro doesn't start

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all.

We have a license for Adobe CS6.

The product is installed on a Windows 10 PC. (try with Ver. 1511 and 1703)
Adobe Acrobat X Pro does not start to edit PDF documents anymore.

Furthermore Adobe Acrobat DC is installed as Reader.

When i try to open a PDF with a right click (open with....) i choose Acrobat X Pro but nothing happens.

I try to uninstall the complete CS6 Suite and reinstalled the Suite without success.

I´ve also tried to repair the Suite.
Also the uninstalling of Acrobat DC did not lead to success

All other programs from the CS6 Suite work without problems.

There is no error message or hint. The PDF document simply does not open with Adobe Acrobat X Pro.

Does anyone have an idea or know this behavior?

Thanks in advanced.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

How is it "not nice"? You're using an old application on a new OS. You should expect problems, or at least do some research to make sure that they are compatible before upgrading one but not the other.

The Acrobat X system requirements are specified here: Adobe Acrobat system requirements

And the CS6 requirements can be found here: Adobe Creative Suite 6 system requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat X is not officially compatible with Windows 10. You can try running it in Compatibility Mode, but that's about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear try67

Thank you for your answer. This is of course not so nice.

This means, if it works, lucky, if not, do you have bad luck?

Is there an official site where you can read that CS6 (Acrobat X Pro) is not 100% compatible with Windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is it "not nice"? You're using an old application on a new OS. You should expect problems, or at least do some research to make sure that they are compatible before upgrading one but not the other.

The Acrobat X system requirements are specified here: Adobe Acrobat system requirements

And the CS6 requirements can be found here: Adobe Creative Suite 6 system requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem on Windows 7 Ultimate, also.

I pay Microsoft for updates, so I'm running a currently-supported OS with the latest security updates, and I was using Adobe Acrobat X Pro earlier this evening to scan some documents ... and when I relaunched it later, nothing happened.

Tried logging off. Tried rebooting. Nothing. Nada. Even Distiller launches and then immediately exits with no error message. I'm left with little choice but to install and pay for alternative software from another vendor.

To be honest, the software quality at Adobe has gotten worse and worse, and CS6 will be my last purchase with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My copy of Acrobat X Pro just mysteriously stopped working, a few weeks ago too. It was fine then it wasn't. Double click and nothing. Run as Admin and you get the windows changes to device warning, but then nothing. The program ran fine previously, so it shouldn't be compability issue. It just stopped working. When you try to print to Adobe PDF is gives you a warning that it is not activated. THen I thought if you use the system print dialog it worked -  wait, it worked just once and then gave the same error??? WTH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems that if you REBOOT, you can print to Adobe PDF once. Then you get the activation message - until you reboot again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your OS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 7.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat X is not officially compatible with Windows 10. Problems are to be expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its frustrating that it worked for years. What version is compatible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That might be the case, but any update to Windows 10 could have broken it. You can try running it in Compatibility Mode with an earlier OS (like Windows 7), but that's about it.

Compatible versions are the ones currently sold by Adobe, Acrobat DC (subscription) or 2020 (perpetual license).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines