• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADOBE ACROBAT X STANDARD - PASSORD PROTECTION ISSUE

New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat X Standard to password protect some PDF files with the intention of preventing printing and copying and so on.  When I do this, it works perfectly if I open the PDF in say Microsoft Edge, however when I open it wdith Google Chrome all protection is removed immediately.  I can print without issue. 

Can someone advise if something can be done about this?  Wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks!
Shawn

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Not all PDF viewers respect the protection settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Who is the "you" in your message "you should have control"? Adobe gave the PDF standard away to ISO more than 10 years ago. ISO has no enforcement procedure to make implementors follow specifications.

It is a pity, but publicly defining a security in a file format which is not based on needing a password will be ignored by many programmers. Adobe put a warning message now when security is set.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all PDF viewers respect the protection settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,.

I imagine that because PDF is a released standard, this happens, but if you should have control so that this protection is for everyone.

Greetings,

WbolanosCo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Who is the "you" in your message "you should have control"? Adobe gave the PDF standard away to ISO more than 10 years ago. ISO has no enforcement procedure to make implementors follow specifications.

It is a pity, but publicly defining a security in a file format which is not based on needing a password will be ignored by many programmers. Adobe put a warning message now when security is set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines