• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat XI crashes after few seconds

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to use the links posted on this forum but none of them works.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening in a MS Windows 10 computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the exact version number of the application? What's your OS version?

Acrobat XI is an old and unsupported version, and is getting less and less compatible with Windows 10 with each new update of the latter. To increase the chances of it to work properly make sure you have all updates installed (up to 11.0.23) and run it in Compatibility Mode with an earlier OS, like Windows 7.

Updates are available here: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/11.x/

(Note you can't open this link in most browsers. You must use a dedicated FTP client)

If you're trying to install it on a new Mac computer it's a lost cause. It can't run on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++Adding to try67's guidance, FTP site opens with no problem in Internet Explorer 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's good to know, although that's probably the only thing IE is good for at the moment...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved with updating version.

BTW it is important that adobe provides working links to update versions manually in case of need.

I had the file from a colleague likely; none of the links that i found around the support community worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I am not incorrect, I think that Adobe is not updating or maintaining old updates for legacy products anymore.

At some point everyone that use Adobe Acrobat will have to move forward and pay for its new version(s)... just like a vaccine won't be offered for free anymore but also mandatory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines