• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Actrobat 9 Pro Extended Not Installing on New Dell XPS

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended disk but my new Dell XPS 15 9500 does not recognize the files and will not install it from the disk. Do you have a link or suggestions as to how I can avoid purchasing additional Adobe software? I have attached two screen shots of the available files that are not being recognized.

Thank you.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Adobe doesn't offer installers for such old versions any longer.
If you can't run it from the files you have, you can't use it. Also, it's very likely not going to be compatible with your OS, Office, etc. It's really time to get a new license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS. It's not clear what the issue is, exactly. All I can see in the screenshots is that you copied the installer.

What happens when you actually try to run it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much. I did end up making the purchase. Appreciate your time and expertise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, time for a new license [correction]. However... "does not recognise the files" isn't much to go on. What exactly happens when you try to run the setup.exe file (the larger file in the Acrobat 9 Pro Extended subfolder)? Please show error messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your response. I ended up purchasing Acrobat Pro 2020 after all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines