• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Booklet Printing Pages in Wrong Order

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use the Adobe PDF booklet printing but when I do, the pages are out of order.  I have them in the correct order in the InDesign file.  I export as single pages in InDesign then open the PDF and select the booklet option for 11x17 paper.  Per the print preview, the cover page appears on the right with a blank page on the left where the last page should be.  The last page shows as page 3 in the 15 page document.  What am I doing wrong?Screen 1.pngscreen 2.jpg

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

For any imposition of this kind the number of pages must be a multiple of 4. So 16 is fine. 15, 14 and 13 are fine too but have blank pages at the back, for everyone in the world printing this kind of booklet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Amanda2237722180dg 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

Also, please check the export settings in Indesign and see if that helps.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.3.20314  installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The back page would have to be a page 16. You have no page 16. So that half MUST be blank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version showing is Continuous Release Version: 2022.003.20322. Per my Creative Cloud application, I am up to date on Acrobat.
I have tried other PDF's and they work fine. I'm thinking it has to do with the InDesign template provided by my company. I have tried to figure out how to correct the error but not sure where to look. In InDesign, when I look at the Print Booklet preview, I can see the pages are out of order but am not able to reorder correctly.

Mandy Henerfauth

[P.I Removed by Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, they aren't out of order. I explained, it is working exactly right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also tried this with an even number of pages and it still is mixing up the pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For any imposition of this kind the number of pages must be a multiple of 4. So 16 is fine. 15, 14 and 13 are fine too but have blank pages at the back, for everyone in the world printing this kind of booklet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha!  Thanks for the info!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to Print Booklet  (under Print) and select the Print Settings Button at the bottom

Select your printer if it supports 11x17 or ADOBE PDF 

Under Set Up, paper size 11x17 landcape  - Centered. and OK

Then go to preview and you can see the Pagination of your booklet (which Must be a Multiple of 4) click print and you'll have the PDF in 11x17 format that you print double sided and saddle stitch.  Unless you have a Fiery RIP than you can send the file to teh Fiery at 8.5x11 and use the Imposition Feature .. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines