• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Box Integration

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We currently have an enterprise Box implementation configured for HIPAA, FERPA and PII compliancy. There have been requests to enable Adobe Acrobat integration. I am trying to find out how the integration will make files on our Box environment available to local system through Adobe. Does it sync files between Box and Adobe and are the Box files accessible in Adobe when disconnected from the network/internet? Since this environment is in place for sensitive and restricted data, we do not want this data to be stored on the accessing devices. 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat can't be used for that, not technically nor legally. You need to find some other method of displaying the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please elaborate on the technical and legal issues. Currently the protected data is stored and viewed in Box. A question about Adobe Integration just recently came up and we are performing a risk analysis. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a lawyer, but AFAIK you are not allowed (according to the EULA) to use Acrobat as a server application, and it's also not technically suitable to be used as such. It always requires user interaction. Adobe might have other products that could do what you're after, but Acrobat is not it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I follow. I am talking about Adobe Acrobat's supported Box integration: https://www.adobe.com/documentcloud/integrations/box.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I misunderstood your intention. This is for opening files saved on Box in Acrobat. Is that what you want to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that is correct. I want to ensure that data is not synced between Box and Acrobat since the environment hosts sensitive data and we don't want data creep to the workstation. Does the connector sync data between Acrobat and Box, or does it act more like a network drive (providing access to the Box data but not actually storing anything locally)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines