Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe crashes when closing the file

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

we are using the "Fill and Sign" feature in Adobe. We have the problem that Adobe crashes when you want to close file after using this feature. Saving the file is not a problem. Only when we want to close the file, Adobe crashes. It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens frequently.

We have reinstalled Adobe. But no change.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simone

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC and the OS you are using? To check the version of the application go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20169 installed. Go to help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

thank you for your answer.

Repair I tried, but unfortunately it did not help.

The version is 2022.001.2016 DC.

I have looked at your link. It is to delete the properties in the Adobe folder. I can't find a unique folder for properties in the Adobe version. I have these folders and files in the DC:

Collab
Forms JSCache
Security
Stamps

TMDcos.sav
TMGrpPrm.sav

Can you tell me which ones to delete?

Regards

Simone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simone

Do you have the WIndows machine or is it a MAC?

Generally, the Preferences folder is hidden, please try to unhide the folders from the view setting of your OS and then follow the steps shared here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

Also please try to use the application in the new user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and check.

If it still doesn't work, please remove the application using the Acrobat Cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html, reboot the computer and reinstall it using the direct link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the name of the "Preferences folder"? JSCache?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I have now deleted the whole folder "DC". Unfortunately Adobe still crashes when you used the comment function and then close Adobe.

Do you have another idea what we can do?

Regards

Simone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines