• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe crashes when Preparing a Form

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on "Prepare Form," Version 2020.006.20046 (Mac) immediately crashes. Is there a way to use Acrobat Pro to edit a PDF form without crashing?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

Sorry to see the trouble caused. 

As reported, when using Prepare Form feature, Acrobat is crashing. Did you observe this behavior with a particular form or while using any other service than Prepare Form?

You may check the following-

1- As application crashes, check with a different PDF file. If it works fine, then its a document specific issue

2- Open Acrobat>Edit>Preferences>Security(Enhanced)>uncheck "Enhanced Security" and Protected View>OK>Reboot Acrobat 

Open the same PDF in Prepare Form mode, Does it make any difference? 

3- Install latest patch of Acrobat DC. https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/update-acrobat-manually.html

3- Try the basic troubleshooting steps suggested in the help artcile here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html 

Did it work? 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble. 

Please update the thread if you are still experiencing the issue so we can look into it and assist you better.

Thanks

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I need to fix the signature fields on a bunch of forms but every time I click on Prepare Form, Acrobat crashes.  I am on a Mac using OS Catalina 10.15.4 and Acrobat is up to date.  Anyone else have this problem and a possible solution?  Or do you have another solution for adding a signature field to an existing PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which problem are you really asking to get a solution from the forums? 

Is it a solution to troubleshoot the crash problem everytime that you try to use the Prepare Form tool?

Does it only happens when you try to use this tool?

Does it also manifest with every other tool?

The Prepare Tool is not supposed to crash upon opening it. You need to provide a crash log or something that can help the community users figure out what could be wrong before we can even jump how to add signature field without the Prepare Form tool.

You rarely ever  go wrong by repairing the installation; clicking on Help --> Repair Installation 

OR,

Manually force the latest update by referring to the release notes: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

OR,

Resetting the user preferences to default: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying.  To be clear it only crashes when I click Prepare Forms and no other time.  I would like Acrobat to stop crashing, so I will try your suggestions.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying.  To be clear it only crashes when I click Prepare Forms and no other time.  I would like Acrobat to stop crashing, so I will try your suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you're welcome. I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most important bit of information is missing: What exact version of Acrobat are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat Pro DC 2020.006.20042

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just checking if you were able to resolve the issue by applying updates as Amal suggested. And just today another update was released addressing additional issues:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

A new update for Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC is now available v20.009.20063. Please update the application to the new version. Go to Help > Check for Updates. You may also download the patch manually from the link (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html)and see if that helps.

Also, if you are using the dual monitor setup, please refer to the steps provided in the help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/dual-monitor-crash-windows.html)

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with a PDF form created with InDesign when I tried to modify it with Acrobat DC (2020.009.20067). After a few exports (from InDesign) trying to find a solution the problem disappears.

Now I'm using these options: Interactive PDF with tags.

I don't know how but hope it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old post, but I was having this same issue with the Windows version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2021.005.20060 (most current version at the time of this posting 8/26/21).  After some struggles with trial and error I found a work around by opening Acrobat directly (without opening a file first to get it open) and going to the "File" menu -> selecting the "Create"  option  ->  and then selecting "Create Form..." from the submenu.  At this point Acrobat prompts you to "Select a file".  Click this and select the file that keeps crashing the software.  It should open you up into the "prepare form" screen where you can easily edit the form properties.  I hope this helps!  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so weird. I am struggling with this issue today as well as it suddenly does not work.

By following @adamr27585851 procedures, I am able to Prepare the corrupted form. Actually only required to do once, then I can open it as usual.

Thanks @adamr27585851 You have saved my day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for updating this thread with that solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for updating this thread with that solution.

By @ls_rbls

Worked for me too! ... thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU. I'm so glad I kept reading this thread, because nothing worked until I saw your post. 

(It's really crazy that Adobe can't figure this out on their end.)  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.  That was driving me crazy!!!  And like SafetyTix says, it fixes it completely going forward as well.  It's not like you have to do this for every single pdf file.  Incredible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I manage to create the form however it still crashes everytime i tried to edit the fields properties.. please help..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problems as well and none of the suggested solutions have worked for me. Running Adobe Acrobat 2017 v. 2017.012.30262

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here. if i try and edit a form field name the application crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines