• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Create PDF 15 plugin is disabled in Firefox 43.0 stable version

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat DC latest version and I cannot use Adobe Create PDF plugin any more.  The message I get from Firefox 43.0 in the Add-on Manager is:

----------

Some add-ons have been disabled.

The following add-ons have not been verified for use in Firefox.  You can find replacements or ask the developer to get them verified.  Learn more about our efforts to keep you save online.

Developers interested in getting their add-ons verified can continue by reading our manual.

Adobe Acrobat DC - Create PDF could not be verified for use in Firefox and has been disabled.

----------

There is no option to enable this plugin.  This is not a beta, this is the most recent stable version of Firefox. When will there be an Adobe Create PDF extension available that works in Firefox?  I need this extension, please advise.s

Using Windows 8.1 Pro
Firefox 43.0
Adobe 15.006.30097

------

create-pdf-extension.pngacrobat-version.pngfirefox-about.png

windows-version.png

Message was edited by: Kathy Bell Added images

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 30, 2016 Jan 30, 2016

Hi David

Can you please try copy and pasting these files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\WCFirefoxExtn\META-INF to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 11.0\Acrobat\Browser\WCFirefoxExtn\META-INF ?

After that follow the steps as mentioned in the KB article.

Let us know if this resolves your problem.

Thanks

Tanvi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is indeed finally fixed.  After installing the latest Adobe Acrobat DC update and starting Firefox to verify that the add-on was properly verified, I found that I needed a Windows re-boot before the add-on would successfully create a PDF from a web page from within Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2016 Jan 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me, unfortunately.  Neither did Adobe's complicated work around.

I inspected the files in the folder designated in Adobe's workaround, and it appears that most of them are older, as if the update did not overwrite them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2016 Jan 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat XI Pro (11.0.14) installed on Windows 8.1 and have version 43.0.4 for Firefox, which shows as up-to-date.  Adobe Acrobat - Create PDF 2.0 plugin still shows as disabled with no option to enable it, irrespective of reboots and right-clicks on links. So it looks like it’s not fixed for Adobe Acrobat XI Pro yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David, I've got it working fine (or at least as well as it ever did) with Acrobat XI Pro 11.0.14 and Firefox 43.0.4 on Windows 7 Pro 64.   So, unless there is something peculiar about Windows 8.1, there is something else going on in your environment.   Assuming you have rebooted the machine since installing the 11.0.14 upgrade and at least rebooted Firefox before trying to re-enable the plug-in, I don't have any immediate theories about what it might be.  Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please verify that your Adobe Create PDF extension is actually signed.  Navigate to...

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Browser\WCFirefoxExtn\META-INF

Open the META-INF folder and ensure you have three files as follows:

manifest.mf

mozilla.rsa

mozilla.sf

All three files should be dated 12/18/2015. If these files are missing or corrupted, Firefox will not recognize that the extension is signed and will disable it by default. These files may be a slightly different folder depending on your Acrobat version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine are dated 12/17/2015, but they work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My files are also dated 17 Dec 2015, but they are located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\WCFirefoxExtn\META-INF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Please refer to the following KB article and let us know if it works for you.

Thanks

Tanvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Tanvi, but which KB article are you referring to?  David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for your patience. Forgot to mention the link.

Please refer the following KB:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-add-on-is-disabled-in-firefox-43-or-higher.html

Thanks

Tanvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link Tanvi.  I followed the instructions in the article but Firefox still will not allow the plugin.  David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David

Please check if you have the following files at C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Browser\WCFirefoxExtn\META-INF  in 64bit machine

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Browser\WCFirefoxExtn\META-INF in 32 bit machine

manifest.mf

mozilla.rsa

mozilla.sf

If not, please update your Acrobat to latest version. If already updated, then try repairing it.

Let us know if it works.

Thanks

Tanvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further to my reply to your other post, there is no folder "...\WCFirefoxExtn\Meta-Inf" in my system. Also, the filenames you listed don't appear in the folder "WCFirefoxExtn" or any of its subfolders.

As I said in the other post, Acrobat reports that it is up to date with version 10-1-16.

In Acrobat X, I clicked on "Help > Repair Acrobat Installation" and rebooted, as instructed. After doing so, I still don't have the folder or files you mentioned and Firefox still does not allow me to enable the "Create PDF" add-on.

Please tell me what I can do to get that add-on working again.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2016 Jan 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tanvi, as I noted above I have the three files but they are located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\WCFirefoxExtn\META-INF.  My C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 11.0\Acrobat\Browser\WCFirefoxExtn folder only contains the folders chrome, components and defaults; and also two files chrome.manifest and install.rdf.   I have run a repair on Acrobat XI and the situation remains the same.  David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David

Can you please try copy and pasting these files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\WCFirefoxExtn\META-INF to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 11.0\Acrobat\Browser\WCFirefoxExtn\META-INF ?

After that follow the steps as mentioned in the KB article.

Let us know if this resolves your problem.

Thanks

Tanvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Tanvi,

Good news, following your suggestions of copying the META-INF directory (post 43) followed by the steps in the KB article (posts 32 & 33) resolved the problem.  I now have the Acrobat XI  plug-ins installed and working on Firefox 44.

Thank you for you help,  David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to know your issue is resolved now.

Cheers!

-Tanvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat X Standard, up-to-date v 10.1.16 with Firefox up-to-date 43-0-4.

The linked page did not give instructions for Acrobat X, but I found the folder "WCFirefoxExtn" and followed the instructions with it. I did not get a prompt to enable to add-on and there is still no "Enable" button for it in Firefox.

Are users of Acrobat X permanently unable to use the Create PDF add-on in Firefox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we'd not expect any Acrobat X users to be able to use it. The discussion has been about the current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Adobe broke the "Create PDF" feature for version X and does not intend to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Let's be clear. Adobe didn't touch it. Firefox changed and broke old plugins.

Acrobat X is out of support. That means what it says, there will never ever be any fixes to it.

IF you want to stay compatible with new apps and systems you need to iupgrade. This has not changed. What has changed is the pace of change, so subscribing may well be more cost effective. We can expect purchased product to stop working sooner rather than later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still use your unsigned extension by using the workaround posted above.  However that option will stop working with Firefox v44.  Alternatively you can move to the enterprise version of Firefox.  You don't have to be an organization to use it.  Or just forget about the extension and use the "Create PDF from web page" within Acrobat.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working in Chrome, guess I'll have to use that for a while when I need this function, still a pain in the arse, I've tried most of the fixes on this thread to no avail. Very useful function when purcha$ing stuff to save receipt or other things I want a more long-term copy of.

Thanks all, I'll follow the thread and ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone still having problems; make sure the extension is enabled.  For details go here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines