• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe DC task opening multiple times, CPU 100% (pdf preview)

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2024 Aug 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I work in tyhe web app or java application where I have multiple PDF documents that I try to open  (I open one at a time) I keep on having my screen frozen, CPU jumps to 100% and multiple adobe tasks open in task manager, yet no preview loads (the screen remains grey)

1. I must stick to the Version 21 of Adobe DC

2. Adobe is set as a default pdf reader

3. Running Win 10 

it feels like Adobe is trying so hard to open the preview and it fails miserably so keeps on opening another and another adobe task

no error appears, sometimes killing the task (Adobe task) from task manager resolves the issue but just for a short while..

28-08 14_56_21-HDESK1-INV147361 - Connected - DameWare Mini Remote Control - [1].png28-08 14_54_05-HDESK1-INV147361 - Connected - DameWare Mini Remote Control - [1].png

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2024 Aug 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @^Karolina,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for your experience! 

Have you tried running the app as administrator? Are you using any third-party plugins? If yes, have you tried removing them? 

Open the plug_ins folder (Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat\Acrobat\plug_ins) and move any third-party plugins out of the folder, and try again.

Also, please try clearing the app preferences. Steps can be found here: How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to defaul

If none of these help, please help us gather the logs from your machine: https://adobe.ly/3TaYPz5. Please make sure Procmon is selected. You can upload logs using this tool and share your Unique log ID with us. 

^Souvik

Community & Social Consultant | Document Cloud | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2024 Sep 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!!

thanks for the guide

Here are the findings: 

1. removed plugins (i just renamed plugins folder to .old) - thsi did not solve the issue

2. i tried to reset preferences following the attached guide but when navigated to the folder u mentioned there was no PREFERENCES folder underneat (yes, i did select to show hidden items)

3. now i selected in properties to run the Adobe in the Win 8 compatibility mode, lets see, if that helps.

if not, i will attach further the logs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2024 Sep 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure @^Karolina,

We will be on standby.

While you work on the logs, please also create memory dump files from Task Manager, upload those on the cloud, and share the link with us.

To create a memory dump, go to the details tab on Task Manager-> right-click the processes for Acrobat-> click "Create memory dump file"-> Change the location as per your desires.

Look forward to hearing from you.

-Souvik

Community & Social Consultant | Document Cloud | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines