• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe destinations not viewable

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created Destinations in my document, saved the file, closed and reopened. The destinations I created are no longer showing on the Destinations panel. When I try to recreate the same destination, Adobe displays the message "The Destinaiton name already exits. Please enter another name". How can I view the previously created destinations (so I can link them to a different document)?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lorri

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, The destinations you have created are no longer showing in the Destinations panel. When you try to recreate the same destination, Adobe displays the message "The Destination name already exits. Please enter another name"

Would you ind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest  version installed Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

You may also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and see if that makes any difference.

Also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Also, for more information about viewing and managing destinations please check the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/links-attachments-pdfs.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Thank you for your reply. I am currently using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2021.005.20060 through my employer.

I did check for updates, did a Repair Installation and rebooted my computer before I submitted this question. When I first created the Destination links, I could see them all, saved the file and closed the document.... only to discover this morning that I can no longer see them in the Destination tab.

The last link that you provided was the place I learned how to create the Destinations 🙂

I will contact my IT help desk and see if they know anything more. Unfortunately we do not have Adobe help desk experts.

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lorri

we are sorry to hear that the issue still exists. Please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I tried to reset the preferences per the link you supplied above. That did not correct the issue. I am unsure what you mean by creating a new user profile, but since this is a business computer and they set up our logins, I'm pretty sure I can't create a new user profile.

Any other suggestions?

Lorri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lorri

We are sorry to hear that. As mentioned its a work machine managed by IT, please try to get in touch with the IT team at your end and see if that helps.

Regard

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines