• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe forms and multiple signatures/dates

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read many threads on this and still have no clear answer. So, I will ask my own question and hopefully get a clear and useful answer.

I have several forms my COO wants for our company. They all include information that an employee or consultant will fill out and then sign and date the form. There is a separate signature and date line for the manager to sign after the employee/consultant signs and dates.

These forms are housed on our website and employees/consultants can download a copy to fill out/sign. My COO very specifically does not want anyone forwarded to a cloud to do this. She also forbids me form requiring signers to download Adobe Reader to complete this process.

The problem is, once the employee/consultant signs, the entire form locks, preventing the managers' signature/date. There needs to be a way to tell the form to lock all fields EXCEPT the second signature/date fields. But, there doesn't appear to be.

If anyone knows of a work-around for this, please advise. This seems to be a probem for not just me, but all of the answers I've read are confusing or require the use of the Cloud.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it should not happen on a cloud, nor on the local computer (via Reader)? So where is this supposed to happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did I say not on a local computer? I did say my boss says I cannot force people to download Reader. There are other PDF applications, you know? One person uses Nitro. Several use Preview. A lot just fill forms on their browser. I just want to tell employees/consultants that in order to fill out our paperwork, they must download Reader (free), but I have had this restriction put upon me. Also, most of our consultants are MDs... getting them to setup a fill&sign signature would be a ridiculous endeavor.

I currently use a "signature" block which is just basically a text field - although my COO would prefer an actual digital signature field. The problem is, if one intrepid user clicks Fill & Sign and uses it, it locks all form fields. There needs to be a way to lock all form field EXCEPT other signature lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, this forum is about Adobe software, so if you want to ask about other applications, this is not the place for that.

And you can lock all form fields except for other signatures. Go to the Properties of the signature field and under Signed select "Mark as read-only", then "All fields except these" then select the other signatures from the list:

try67_0-1678291887804.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines