• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe found and charged new card

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, sorry for posting it here. I couldn't find the billing/payment info forum.

I pay for my Adobe subscription with my dad's credit card and recently he had to get a new credit card and "cancel" the old one. I forgot to update my payment information for Adobe, but somehow they still found and charged new credit card. What is weird becuase on my Adobe account you can clearly see the old credit card information. I wouldn't think of it as a big deal, but my dad is so angry right now. Does anyone know  how they did that? And if that's legal?

Thank you for reading 

TOPICS
Cancel subscription

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never heard of such a thing happening by itself. Maybe it's a "service" of the bank/credit-card company that transfers prior authorizations from an old CC to a new one automatically? You should ask them. Anyway, your father should know that cancelling a credit-card is not a good way to get out of a contract you don't like... In fact, it's a good way to get into a worse situation, such as owing a debt to that company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing has happened to us, instead it was with a card that has never used for Adobe services. They supposedly keep cancelling the possible fraudulent transactions, but they just keep popping up month after month even after the card number was changed.

I do have an active Creative Cloud subscription with an entirely different card number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Credit card companies can pass updated credit card information to merchants to keep re-occurring payment information updated. The flip side is if your credit card was stolen, etc. you would not suddenly default on re-occurring payments. 

Best practice is to be aware of where you have subscriptions and update your subscriptions directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines