• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe freezes after scanning 1 of multiple pages, after a recent re-installation

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the suggestionson from the forum (using help, updates...), when I do that, i am informed that there are no updates. My app was re-installed a few days ago, after I had to have a factory reset, and as indicated, when I note that I have more than 1 page to scan, the app freezes.

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Brenda28048967l9rx 

Sorry for the delay in response.

Do you experience this issue when scanning multiple files only? Have you checked with another file?

Try the following steps and see if that helps:

Run this cleaner tool to remove the existing installer and application’s file traces:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html

Download the Acrobat installer from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Navigate to Acrobat>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected View" and "Enhanced Security">OK>close and reopen Acrobat

Note: these changes are only for testing purposes. Once tested, please change it back to the previous setting. 

Update your printer drivers to the latest ones. Also, confirm the name of which driver you are using here.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent from Mail<> for Windows
Thank you. But in the meantime In called adobe, and they uninstalled and re-installed the program, which now works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear that. 

Thanks for confirming that. Let us know if there's any further assistance is required. 

Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems.

~Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines