• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe javascript for auto populate dollars field based text cell that user enters name in

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Community I am new here and working on a file to benefit opur department.  Google and Youtube have been helpful for somethings, but I cannot seem to locate a basic script for my project.  Basically I have three word/text boxes one (name/TRVL 2 Name), two (dollar amount/TRVL 1 Trans Cost), and three (TRVL 2 Trans Cost) field to copy the dollar amount from word/text box two into.  I only want the dollar amount to appear if TRVL 2 Name box has a name typed in it requardless of length (Bob Brewer, Mike Brewer, Michael Brewer, etc.) and if not then remains blank.

I have tried multiple ways, but I am not proficient in this realm of javascript and as mentioned I cannot find anything that works on my test page.

Capture.PNGCapture 2.PNG

Thanks for any and all guidance.  Hopefully this can be done and assist other people with the same issue.

Shannon Brewer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

So you want to show value from field "TRVL 1 Trans Cost" in field "TRVL 2 Trans Cost" only if field "TRVL 2 Name" is not empty otherwise field "TRVL 2 Trans Cost" is empty?

You can use this in "TRVL 2 Trans Cost" field as custom calculation script:

var Tname = this.getField("TRVL 2 Name").valueAsString;
var Tcost = this.getField("TRVL 1 Trans Cost").value;
if(Tname != "")
event.value = Tcost;
else
event.value = "";

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you post a question you always need to tell the Adobe program you are using
There are MANY programs in a full subscription, plus other non-subscription programs
Please post the exact name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[A moderator moved this from Using the Community.]

Which Adobe App or Service are you using?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize my Government computer has Adobe Acrobat Pro XI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from cc services>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you want to show value from field "TRVL 1 Trans Cost" in field "TRVL 2 Trans Cost" only if field "TRVL 2 Name" is not empty otherwise field "TRVL 2 Trans Cost" is empty?

You can use this in "TRVL 2 Trans Cost" field as custom calculation script:

var Tname = this.getField("TRVL 2 Name").valueAsString;
var Tcost = this.getField("TRVL 1 Trans Cost").value;
if(Tname != "")
event.value = Tcost;
else
event.value = "";

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nesa Nurani,

THANK YOU!  This worked very much for sharing your knowledge. Now I can finalize my document.  

Shannon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines