• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Not Recognizing Text In Image - WHY!?

Explorer ,
May 04, 2024 May 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had a lot of issues since I started, see other posts if you are interested, but then it seemed like things were getting better, although I had wasted so much time over dumb things.

I'm about 1/2 way through what I'm trying to do. Taking screen shots from a website, that pretty much all have the same type of header, font, size, etc. What's different from page to page 90% of the time is just the text.

For the first 50% of my project, if I'd go to edit, it would recognize the text, so I can edit what I need to.

Then, all of a sudden, it would only select the entire image! I thought maybe because I took the screenshots that didn't do this from my parents mac, so I took the screenshots from there, and no dice. The Chat people weren't very helpful, asked me to drive doing Microsoft PDF Print, which then had a bit of the text editable, but not much.

Then, I called, and was told to go to take the one I'm having a problem with, extra it so it's in its own separate PDF worksheet....then, scan it and change the settings  . Then copy that from "Organize Pages" and paste it back to the original file.

Yes, that did work, but why the extra work needed when it's basically the same image, AND I thought I could use this option but I can't, as it significantly reduced the quality of certain sections of the image. I can understand certain images not being able to be read, but not when it's basically the same image as I had previously that were recognized, and to go from it recognizing basically all words, to NO words even on the header of the image that were exactly the same as previous that were successful is bogus to me.

When I did this workaround, look at how it messes up a lot of the text like the word "withdrawn" and changes the word "Acceptance" to "ACCI:PANCI", etc. 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , PDF , Scan documents and OCR , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2024 May 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did notice that if I go to the gear under "edit", if I want to choose "Recgonized Scanned Text" it's grayed out...not sure why that is... but it also is when it comes to all of the other pages that are working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines