Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Adobe PDF Reader Installer installs Mcafee bloatware without permission!

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe PDF reader installer I downloaded from the Adobe site went ahead and installed some Mcafee bloatware software on my PC without asking for permission.

This is unacceptable from a company of your cadre, and I insist you remove these mandatory bloatware installations along with your products!

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rahul

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

We do have the option to check/uncheck the optional offers getting installed with download of Adobe Acrobat/ Reader DC application as shown in the screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

Also, would you mind sharing the link you have used to download the application?

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I downloaded it from the same link, and was expecting any bloatware request to show up during the installation process.

You have added it to the Download page so that customers don't pay attention. Sneaky! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines