• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe PDF Thumbnails crash my Windows Explorer, cannot access folders any longer

Enthusiast ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since recently, I cannot access folders any longer which contain PDF files with long filenames. Windows Explorer just keeps crashing as soon as the PDF thumbnails show up.

I don't really care whose issue this is (MS or Adobe). I also don't care if Adobe fixes the issue, as I allready know it will never get fixed (just like all the other thumbnail issues with CC apps and Windows and the eternal blame game). 

But I do need quick help to access my files. This has become a real issue as I cannot get into the folders and the files inside are hugely important to me.

Anyone know of a way I can stop PDF Acrobat from showing thumbnails in Windows Explorer, so the app stops crashing and I can finally access all my files again? As I mentioned, I cannot get into the folder, so it would have to be some global fix. 

I appreciate any help (please only focus on how to get into folder). 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind, I found a workaround....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, please let me know how you've solved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well and sorry to keep you waiting.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 23.08.20555 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://adobe.ly/4a1UCnx and check.

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines