• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader opens only in background

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time i try to open adobe reader nothing seems to happen. 

When i open the taskmaster/Job list, Adobe has opened two jobs in the background, but i can't open any documents via the program. I can open the documents via a browser, however, I have a lot of PDF's that are saved in another program, and i can't open those documents through a browser, they need to have the program indstalled. 

I have tried uninstalling the program and installed the newest version. I have tried repairing the program. Nothing works. I have another computer that runs all of the same programs and versions, and on that computer adobe works with no issues. 

Sometimes when restart the computer, I can open a document, but then it sort of crashes again, and i can't open anything.  

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Majken27857585ul90 

Sorry to hear about the trouble caused.

Looking at the description given above, it seems like whenever you are trying to open the PDF within Acrobat Reader, the program starts at the background. However, it doesn't seem to be opening the PDF file. Is that right?

Try these steps and see if that helps:

1- Open Task manager> select the Acrobat processes running in the background and end task.

2- Once done, try opening the Acrobat Reader first and then open the PDF file.

Did it make any changes?

3- If not, then run this cleaner tool to remove the existing installer and application’s files traces:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html

Download the Acrobat Reader installer from here: 

https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/ 

Let us know the result.

Thanks.

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried closing everything down in the task manager, that doesn't help, I still can't open the program. 

Earlier today i tried uninstalling, and installing again. It worked for a couple of hours and then I couldn't open it again. 

I just tried cleaning and downlading via the links you provided, and it worked for a minut so I could open the program, but when I closed it down, to make sure it would work regularly nothing happened again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't fix the issue. It is a temp fix that lasts only a short time. 

For the last 6 months or so this issue has affected my Dell. I have never had any problems before, so I am not sure if it relates to an update. 

If you are an Adobe employee then this issue needs to be escalated to fix the issue with Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should note as well, that I do not use Reader, I have the Creative Cloud subscription, which includes the desktop version of Acrobat. 

Everytime I use your cleaner tool, it uninstalls my program, which is an incredible hassle since it takes a long time to reinstall, and during this time I am unable to work in Adobe for at least an hour, which is a huge setback for the day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work. I am just trying to open PDFs on a different local account for testing and Acrobat REFUSES to start without me signing in. It instantly closes if I won't sign in. It then won't let me open PDFs.

Why is it so difficult to get Acrobat to run in "reader mode" for other local accounts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the exact same issue. i've uninstalled and reinstalled. i spoke with support and this is all they recommend i did to fix the issue which still persists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

multiple clients exact same behavior

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5 or 10 adobe processes in task manager

killing all of them doesnt fix it 

restarting pc fixes it

then couple days later it happens again

there is some bug somewhere

all client are on latest updates with current subscriptions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same same as all the other comments.  I do a HEAP of things in Acrobat and this is EXTREMELY counter productive.  I agree Adobe needs to escalate and address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Trying to get Acrobat to work in reader mode for another local account on my computer where my main account has Acrobat Pro. Complete nightmare. Doesn't work. Now, PDFs will not load at all on my secondary account. Acrobat runs in background and blocks Chrome from opening PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER DISCUSSIONS]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe customer service remote accessed my computer and downloaded the 32 bit version of acrobat which helped tremendously. Not perfect but it is much better. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines