• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Sign connects to wrong account from Acrobat Desktop

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, after months of dealing with the totally incompetent bunch at Adobe "support", who spent hours to basically check where a link was located in one product... trying to see if someone knows any solution. I doubt it but hey.

Years ago, I had a subscription to Adobe CS and part of that was the EchoSign functionality for Acrobat. When Adobe acquired EchoSign (becoming Adobe Sign) that's when trouble began. It was supposed to be a smooth transition: merge the two accounts and continue.

Unfortunately, what I'm getting now is that my Adobe CC subscription (Adobe ID is my current email) is used for everything and the entire suite all works fine - except Sign. When I try to logon to Adobe Sign, I get an error saying "Adobe Sign is not configured for your product". Sometimes the error is different depending at what point you try to access adobe Documentcloud, but result: it doesn't work.

But, here comes the weird part: when I go to my Acrobat desktop version, and on the Home-screen I go to All Agreements and from there click the "Open Adobe Sign" link, it does open Adobe Sign. But... not the account connected to my Adobe ID, but the one with the old email address (from EchoSign days). When I check the API token, it is a completely different token than the one for all the rest of the suite. 
Here, I get all functions, I can send contracts to anyone to sign online, etc, BUT the "From"-address and contact details are wrong. And so, if someone hits reply to fe give me notes or amendments, it doesn't go to my email, but rather the old (non-existent) email. 
I also can't log on with the old account details, it will only open Adobe Sign when I go through Acrobat's desktop version (!)

There is NO way of changing that from my side anywhere. I can't force Acrobat to connect to the right account, so I need Adobe Support to do this. However, the support people that contact me time and time again (at the strangest moments of the day btw) are first-line support who know little to none of the product, outside what the questionnaire on their screen shows. So I have been stuck for weeks, calls of 45 minutes and over, with dudes from india who ask the same questions EVERY single day and time, and don't get past clicking the "Sign" button on Acrobat Document Cloud (most don't even know that Adobe Sign isn't located under "Sign", but under "Home"... 
If anyone knows how I can change this from here, please do. Although I think it's more of a problem with the authorisation-token redirecting from Acrobat to the wrong account. And that can only be done by Adobe. 

Really stumped how poor the support is from such a massive company charging 60 euro/month for THIS. 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Psytox

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble and the unpleasant experience.

Please try to contact Adobe Sign support team for the specific steps to fix the issue described above as the steps can vary depending on the scenarios mentioned under Objective: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html.

For more information please check the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/kb/how-to-change-the-email-address-of-adobe-sign-account-adobe-sign.htm...

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I experienced the same issues indicated above by "psytox" --- When you open the documetn with adobe dc from your desktop, the workaround is to proceed with the login with the undesired user ID account, then logout; then log back in with the desired account "email-name", etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines