Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Teams - Acrobat Pro DC - Cannot rename bookmarks

New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have Acrobat Pro DC via Adobe Teams, but cannot rename bookmarks.

When I download the PDF and open it, I can press F2 on the bookmark and it looks like I should be able to rename the bookmark, but when I click on the bookmark, I cannot make any changes. In addition, when I right-click on the bookmark, 'Rename' is not included on the drop-down menu. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thank you for sharing your insights.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the file protected from changes with a password? Is this a PDF/A file (for archival purposes), which would also restrict what you can do with the file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karl,

Thank you for the fast response! The document is not password-protected, nor is it a PDF/A.  I shared the file with my colleague and he was able to rename the bookmarks using his desktop version of Acrobat Pro.

I've attached a couple of screenshots to illustrate the problem better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are also missing the icon to add a bookmark. Somehow Acrobat thinks that you cannot modify this document. If the document were secured with a password, the add and delete icon would still be there, but grayed out. What I see on the screnshot you provided looks more like you are looking at this document in Reader. Go to Acrobat's Help menu, do you see the option to sign out? It's possible that your Acrobat is not getting a valid license, and therfore only showing you the Reader functionality. I would sign out and then sign in again and see if after a restart of Acrobat, you are getting all the options. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Karl,

Thank you for the suggestion!  You've got me thinking  -- last year I had an issue where Adobe kept insisting that my "subscription had expired" whenever I tried to use Adobe Desktop, (even though my subscription hadn't expired). I went through our corporate Adobe Admin, and then ultimately had to contact Adobe support and they were able to help me fix it. Sounds as though that could be the root cause here too. I'll give support a call.

Thanks!

Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines